How can i stretch my background over 2 monitors?

Anonymous
2009-11-21T23:14:34+00:00

I'm running 2 monitors (extended mode) and when i change my background it gets doubled. I was using win xp pro before and my background was extended on the other monitor but windows wont let me?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-27T00:27:19+00:00

Hi lightningwolf71,

 I was going through some online resources and came across one workaround regarding this issue, hope this helps in resolving the issue.

Follow these steps to display a large image across multiple monitors:

  1. Right click on the Desktop background and select Personalize.
  2. Click on Desktop Background
  3. Select a background image that is at least as wide as the combined resolution of both of your monitors. For Example, I have two 19" monitors that have a resolution of 1280×1024. I need an image of 2560×1024 or greater so that it can be displayed across both monitors.
  4. Select Tile for picture positioning option. This is the only option that will display your background image across multiple monitors.
  5. Select Save Changes.

Your background image now should be displayed across both monitors instead of having the same image displayed on both monitors.

Hope this information was useful.


Naveen

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-26T15:40:35+00:00

    No. I appreciate you responding, but, with all due respect, you didn't answer the question I asked. I'm way past this solution you suggest. I am already using this site to download panoramic wallpaper themes, and successfully extending them over 4 UHD (4K) monitors.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13768/desktop-themes-featured?ocid=w8\_client\_themes

    The problem is, their resolution is only HD.

    The question is...do you have any UHD (4K) panoramic wallpaper themes available for Windows 10? And if not, do you know where I can get some?

    Again, thanks for responding,

    Marc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-28T19:42:38+00:00

    This is an old thread but I haven't found any others with useful information. This fix simply doesn't work. When I select tile, the pictures stack on top of each other or fill one monitor and part of the second. If I can use a picture that doesn't fit the resolution on a single monitor by centering and adding background color to the rest of the screen then I should be able to take any picture, regardless of size, and make it span both monitors.

    I appreciate the time taken to help with this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-28T15:26:57+00:00

    For three monitors I believe displayfusion is the answer :0)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments