How to a change my printer default setting from color to grayscale permanently.

Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:06:16+00:00

How do I  change my printer default setting from color to grayscale on a permanent basis.  Since I mostly print in greyscale, I want this as the default and then can change manually, as needed, when I want to print in color.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:43:30+00:00

Go to the Start Orb and select Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences. Here you should be able to select gray scale under Color and save it..

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-11T01:46:54+00:00

    I'm having the same problems.  I can print any of the microsoft office apps in grayscale as that is the default on my printer, but all websites and sometimes emails print in color.  Any idea how to fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-12T06:27:00+00:00

    How to change my Color default to Greyscale ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-04-25T17:31:39+00:00

    In Windows 10, right-clicking on the printer does not do anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-04T07:55:47+00:00

    I can select "draft," "best" or "normal" and everything comes out exactly the same. In my bid to save ink it seems I cannot.

    My printer is an HP Envy 5640.

    If HP looks at this perhaps they would suggest a solution

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments