Hi again! I managed t solve the problem myself, using Kaspersky Rescue CD 10. It was the Win32/Trojan.Shutdowner virus and rootkit causing this error. I think this is the solution to all who have this problem. Download and burn to CD the kav rescue ISO image from http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso. Do a full system scan booting from the disc you created. Remove all found infection, including that stupid annoying rootkit, and you're done! At least it worked for me! Thank you again to all who tried to help me!
Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.
Hi, everyone. Since I have installed Windows 7 Home Premium, I had problems with an error message displayed when I start my computer. The error message is saying, as in the title, "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now.". After one minute, the computer is forced to restart, it suddenly closes, without any "Windows is shutting down" message. The problem appears really often, I mean it doesn't appear every time I start my computer. I don't know what to do, it's really annoying.
I found a microsoft forum, when someone posted an article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976586/) when it was said something about "How to enable the Do not require Kerberos preauthentication account option", but I didn't understand how to do this. If someone can help me, please do it, every response is welcome. (Sorry my poor english, I'm still studying - romanian).
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-04-12T15:51:23+00:00 Hi atronos2007 I am contacting you to ask about an error I keep getting for my computer. It's the same one your encountered. I wanted to know if your computer is still doing well? I am downloading the file you used and am hoping to have my issues solved soon. Have you encountered any other issues since repairing your computer?
Thank you in advance for including the file link and I am praying it works for me as well as it did for you.
kristy_******@yahoo.com
-
Anonymous
2013-11-11T04:09:45+00:00 i had the same problem suddenly happen this morning and it keep happen...i cant do anything at all.no problem on safe mode and last know good configuration(advance) mode.Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool - 64 bit found nothing,my kaspersky internet sercurity 2011 found nothing either.what i need to do now?its keep happen on normal boot.....its ok i keep log in using last know good configuration(advance)?how i can found out the problem come from?
-
Anonymous
2012-08-20T23:46:28+00:00 First of all to manually stop the shutdown, create a shortcut on desktop by right click and new>shortcut. in the field type "shutdown -a" without quotes and on the next screen give name stop shutdown or what ever. whenever you see the message you just double click on this shortcut within one minute countdown. Next thing goto control panel>Administrative tools>computer management>event log. In the event log check for the errors that just occured. Post them here for further permanent solution. Hope it helps!
If you are sure that your problem is the article that you mentioned. then download the kb976586 update using windows update or download from http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=11661 and run it to fix this problem.
Good Luck.
Vanshaj Daga [If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
This virus or whatever has disabled the event log (disabled loads of things, including MSE and windows updates). I can't view the log and your shutdown prevention did not work unfortunately.
Nothing seems to work now. Everytime I try to scan with MSE or Sophos, it automatically restarts once problems are found. It's very frustrating.
I'll try the rescue CD above to see if that helps.
-
Anonymous
2012-07-29T05:12:37+00:00 Tried several of the solutions suggested below, but only one resolved the issue completely for me: I bought an adapter that converted my internal hard drive to external so that I could scan it from another machine with MS Windows Essentials. I preset the options to destroy harmful viruses and it blew the virus away. I then used a recovery disc to replace the removed startup files and all was well.
Nothing wrong with that approach (using tools from a working windows on broken one). A proven "last resort" for all kinds of trouble! Had to use it on my old XP when it suddenly thrashed the filesystem... And got it up again... :-D
However for this specific infection I (seemingly) got through with the recommended Kapersky rescue disc and a "windows 7 upgrade" (installing from the win7 disc from windows and choosing to upgrade/repair).
In general I would recommend backing up data files and restoring a clean image. Or doing a reinstall from scratch. This time my image was just to old and I'm to busy to bother having to install/setup the missing stuff right now. :-O
That's a lesson to keep a recent image handy... ;-)