Desktop Tray Agent has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-02-03T04:08:18+00:00

I keep getting this error message after start up, any clues on what to do to get rid of it?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-07-08T00:16:03+00:00

the easier way to fix the issue is: left click on start, in start search, type msconfig, hit enter, if you get a message obx, click continue.  This will bring up the system configuration screen.  Click the tab entitled "Startup".  Scroll down to find the desktop agent tray entry.  Unclick the check box by it.  Hit Apply on the bottom.  Then click ok.  This will fix the issue.  This is a program used by qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL and is not needed by you - the common user.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-24T21:30:31+00:00

"Desktop Tray Agent" if you take a closer look at the error it will say something about qwest touchpoint agent. qwest touchpoint agent is like the updater of qwest installer. Just remove the qwest installer through add/remove programs and you should be good to go.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-29T12:20:21+00:00

    I keep getting this error message after start up, any clues on what to do to get rid of it?

    I noticed these entries are from 2010.  I have Windows 10, I had this problem start, when I had Windows 8.1.  Windows seems to fix it each time, I start my computer, but I would prefer to remedy the problem.

    I useed to have qwest, my internet connection name still states qwest but actually, is a service through Century Link( they purchased qwest).

    Hoping to hear back on a way to fix this problem. 

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-24T22:43:14+00:00

    Thanks. Am going to try. Will let you know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-24T17:00:30+00:00

    Desktop Tray Agent has stopped working

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments