Desktop Tray Agent has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-02-03T04:08:18+00:00

I keep getting this error message after start up, any clues on what to do to get rid of it?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-07-08T00:16:03+00:00

the easier way to fix the issue is: left click on start, in start search, type msconfig, hit enter, if you get a message obx, click continue.  This will bring up the system configuration screen.  Click the tab entitled "Startup".  Scroll down to find the desktop agent tray entry.  Unclick the check box by it.  Hit Apply on the bottom.  Then click ok.  This will fix the issue.  This is a program used by qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL and is not needed by you - the common user.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-24T21:30:31+00:00

"Desktop Tray Agent" if you take a closer look at the error it will say something about qwest touchpoint agent. qwest touchpoint agent is like the updater of qwest installer. Just remove the qwest installer through add/remove programs and you should be good to go.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-05-12T14:37:39+00:00

    I did what you suggested and never found the desktop agent try entry.  But as long as I don't have to worry about it I won't.  I do have Qwest and Norton.  Thank you.  I did uninstall FixCleaner which was a waste of money.  Nenah

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-04-16T23:26:23+00:00

    That did it, if Qwest needs my to have I'm sure they'll let me know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-04-06T00:11:38+00:00

    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments