Blue Screen 0x0000006B - PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Anonymous
2010-08-17T01:32:35+00:00

original title: BSOD 0x0000006B - Work-around does NOT resolve issue - Win7 Pro x86

Running Windows 7 Pro x86 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE.  I haven't had a blue screen in three months.  Shocking.  Now, when booting (normally, safe mode, whatever) after the loading screen, before the user password screen, a blue screen appears.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

STOP: 0x0000006B (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have checked the numbers many times and have pictures of the screen to verify (taken from my phone).  I tried the work-around as described in KB981833 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833). I used an Ubuntu 8 LiveCD to navigate to /Windows/System32/CodeIntegrity/ and deleted the Bootcat.cache file.  After several reboots, the blue screen still persists with the same error codes and the Bootcat.cache files has not reappeared.  I can confirm that it is not a hardware problem because the other OSs (Mac OSX 10.6.1. Eeebuntu) still boot and operate normally off the same hard drive.  This is just a Windows problem.  (Suprise, suprise)

Also, the startup repair on the Windows 7 install disc found nothing and did nothing.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T11:27:07+00:00

    Okay, I haven't reseated yet, but here are some things I think you should know.

    • I ran chkdsk /r, it completed successfully and it said it repaired some errors but I still can't boot into Windows.
    • The night before this problem occurred, there was a big storm, BUT I had unplugged my computer after it shut off and the plug is in a surge protector.
    • I remember someone had said to delete the files in the catroot folders that had tmp***.tmp or something like that. Could that be the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-13T01:38:50+00:00

    Hi,

    Remove ALL power. Then carefully remove the cards one at time and put them

    back in their slots. Do the same for the memory and then the cables. A loose or

    corroded connection point can cause strange issues.

    How To Reseat Expansion Cards

    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/reseat-excards.htm

    How to Reseat a Desktop Memory Module

    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/reseat_memory.htm

    How to Reseat Internal Data and Power Cables

    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/reseat-power-cables-data-cables.htm

    Reseating your RAM, Video Card, and Hard Drive

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxNPBQBfT8

    Hope this helps.


    Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-13T00:30:22+00:00

    How do I reseat?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-13T00:03:43+00:00

    Hi,

    If the machine you are trying to fix also the same Windows 7 64 bit OS? If not you need to use

    the version it is. So repeat with the correct version.

    If it is the same the double check all the connections and cables. Remove ALL power then reseat

    the cards, memory, and cables (on both ends when possible).

    ===================================================

    Try this (Safe Mode with Networking if needed - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot).

    Start - type in the Search box -> CMD       find at top then Right Click on and RUN AS ADMIN.

    Then copy and paste these and run one at a time :

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthRob - SpiritX

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T23:30:27+00:00

    I REALLY need some help. I've tried everything, and here is a list.

    (Not in order)

    • I deleted bootcat.cache. It didn't work so I then copied a bootcat.cache from a Windows 7 64bit laptop and put it on a flash drive, then I renamed the supposedly broken bootcat.cache to BC.OLD then I put the new bootcat.cache in the CodeIntegrity folder from Recovery Mode Console. None of this worked so I also copied the ntdll.dll from the laptop and it still didn't work!

    -chkdsk in Recovery console

    -scf /scannow which said that there was another repair pending or something.

    -Repair didn't work either.

    NONE of this has worked. I still have all my personal files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments