Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-04-02T18:26:14+00:00

    I believe it is a problem with the "photowiz.dll" file in system32. It is version 6.x.xxxx.xxxx. I found an older version of this file, had to change the attributes and permissions of the file to allow it to be changed. I renamed it with an "dlx" extension and then copied a version 5.1 photowiz.dll to system32 and the print wizard works again! The site I got the file from is:   

    http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files\_new.php/dllfiles/P/photowiz.dll/5.1.2600.2180/download.html

    I hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-04-05T03:26:17+00:00

    Indeed it did.

    Photowiz.dll was the fix for non-printing with a Canon MP130, using the MS Photo Viewer application.  Now the wizard appears, and the file prints.   Thanks for sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-07-27T18:40:37+00:00

    Hi, I am having the same exact problem with Windows 7 , new computer, new printer. Everything has been working fine for about six months. Then suddenly Picture Manager quit printing. I know nothing about working with system files, so could you please walk me through step-by-step as to what you did? I downloaded the 5.1 photowiz.dll file that you mentioned, but I don't have a clue what to do with it now that I've got it!!

    btw, I also let my ink cartridges get really low before I changed them -- I saw where someone else did too. I also changed the cartridges, hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn't.

    Thanks for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-07-28T19:27:42+00:00

    Hi, Try doing a System Restore. I had a similar problem, I just didn't get the error message, but Picture Manager would not print my photos. I  did a System Restore back to a date before it quit, and it fixed the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments