Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-14T09:08:29+00:00

    I forgot to add in my previous response that I did reinstall the old printer. The new one is still in the box. I'm sure you all figured that out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-17T19:24:06+00:00

    Hi,

    I had the 4 error dialogue box issue, and tried a number of things, re-install driver, delete ICC profiles...

    I did find that when I deleted the "Display" ICC profiles that colour management would let me, that when I tried again and got only 3 print error dialogues instead of 4, so slightly better.

    I then went onto the "Device" tab and noticed that under the "Windows Color System Defaults" pane in the "Device profile:" drop down I had an old scanner set as the device. I changed this to the "System default (sRGB IEC61966-2.1)" device and tried again.

    NO Errors, yeah.

    I would recommend people try this before deleting a load of ICC profiles. If the above doesn't work then try ICC as this is a quick choose profile from the drop down fix.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-04-20T13:24:27+00:00

    I had the same problem (multiple unhelpful error messages when trying to print) and resolved it by changing the Device Profile, under "Windows Color System Defaults" in the Advanced Color Management tab from "Black and White" to "sRGB virtual device model profile"

    I believe I caused the problem the last time I printed.  It was a black and white image, and I changed an option in the print dialog to reflect this.  Apparently, that propagated to the system color management.

    My company IT department tried doing a bunch of Windows Updates (including sticking me with the dreaded GWX, which I was able to remove) to no avail.  I also tried the "downrev'd photowiz.dll fix, to no avail.

    Another vote for Color Management configuration as the cause of this annoyance.  Thanks for the help, folks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-12-02T21:17:37+00:00

    This totally worked for me, but I deleted anything with ICC for the display and the printer. So happy to be able to print quickly again! Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments