Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-04-24T05:02:43+00:00

    System restore is really a very last option. I've had major issues with system restore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-04-24T04:51:07+00:00

    frodoboy you're completely right, that fixes the issue, but it forces me to use a very old, uncomfortable version of the printing screen. i feel like im back in the days of windowsXP, it's that bad. do you know where i can get a working version of the current photowiz.dll?

    UPDATE: i thought copying the DLL from another windows7 computer would fix it... but.... it seems even doing that makes windows ignore the printing option.

    using a crusty old version of the DLL works fine, as frodoboy said, but it's uncomfortable because it's a very outdated interface.

    so im still stuck. i don't think the dll is the problem after all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-07-28T19:27:42+00:00

    Hi, Try doing a System Restore. I had a similar problem, I just didn't get the error message, but Picture Manager would not print my photos. I  did a System Restore back to a date before it quit, and it fixed the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-07-27T18:40:37+00:00

    Hi, I am having the same exact problem with Windows 7 , new computer, new printer. Everything has been working fine for about six months. Then suddenly Picture Manager quit printing. I know nothing about working with system files, so could you please walk me through step-by-step as to what you did? I downloaded the 5.1 photowiz.dll file that you mentioned, but I don't have a clue what to do with it now that I've got it!!

    btw, I also let my ink cartridges get really low before I changed them -- I saw where someone else did too. I also changed the cartridges, hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn't.

    Thanks for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments