Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-12-09T12:50:49+00:00

    RoyceBarber wrote:

    "...so I'm still stuck. i don't think the dll is the problem after all.

    I can print anything everywhere except Windows 7 Photo Viewer. I replaced the system32 print dll with one on another windows7 machine, and that didn't solve the issue.

    Would simply reinstalling my printer driver (it's pretty huge, as it's a hp duplex network printer) be a good idea?"

    It probably is the DLL.  When you replaced it with another W7 copy, you got another bad DLL.  This is a minor issue that's likely low on the MS bugfix tree.  It was reported to them years ago.

    Reinstalling the printer likely won't help, and be a hassle for you.

    Print from another application.  Here's a terrific FREE photo manipulator...   CLICK HERE.   No malware or spyware.

    Please inclue name of free photo manipulator.  "Click Here" does not work. Thanks jwarf

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-08-26T11:02:47+00:00

    it working,print like smooth....

    now i have make sure, that i have keep that dll files in d:\backup important files

    just in case i have to re installed win7 super megaultimate powerfull

    :)

    NB: need at least 30 minute to solve attribute change

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-04-24T23:59:09+00:00

    RoyceBarber wrote:

    "...so I'm still stuck. i don't think the dll is the problem after all.

    I can print anything everywhere except Windows 7 Photo Viewer. I replaced the system32 print dll with one on another windows7 machine, and that didn't solve the issue.

    Would simply reinstalling my printer driver (it's pretty huge, as it's a hp duplex network printer) be a good idea?"

    It probably is the DLL.  When you replaced it with another W7 copy, you got another bad DLL.  This is a minor issue that's likely low on the MS bugfix tree.  It was reported to them years ago.

    Reinstalling the printer likely won't help, and be a hassle for you.

    Print from another application.  Here's a terrific FREE photo manipulator...   CLICK HERE.   No malware or spyware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-04-24T05:16:24+00:00

    Mark could you please explain that again?

    I can print anything everywhere except Windows 7 Photo Viewer. I replaced the system32 print dll with one on another windows7 machine, and that didn't solve the issue.

    Would simply reinstalling my printer driver (it's pretty huge, as its a hp duplex network printer) be a good idea?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments