Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-21T09:16:08+00:00

    Brilliant. It worked. I've been trying to get this to work for ages. I had all the latest printer drivers etc but couldn't print the windows picture and fax viewer. Used your solution and it's working perfectly. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-29T14:33:41+00:00

    This is not an answer. I have this problem, and i cannot see a solution. Its a pain in the **** opening photoshop when i want to quickly print one image.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-02T06:14:07+00:00

    I did a System Restore but still have the same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-12-20T03:43:50+00:00

    I have one more tidbit that might help to resolve this issue.

    I didn't have this problem with Windows 7 64-bit until I downoladed and installed the Windows Live Photo Gallery.  From that point on the Print function in Preview ceased working wirh 4 error screens cascading down with the same message as in your case.   I have uninstalled Windows Live, but the Preview Print problem remains.  This is not related to printer drivers as far as I know, and the printer works fine with other applications.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments