Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-06T04:56:59+00:00

    I had a similar problem and I found a fix it had something to do with the color I think because my pictures were in 32 bit and I'm running a 64 bit so what I did was I went to Control Panel > Display > Adjust resolution > Advanced settings > Color Management > Color Management. In the Device drop down window choose you're printer and check mark Use my settings for this device and in Profile selection: choose Automatic (Recommended) then close. These steps got rid of that error message for me and everything now works fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-04T22:34:34+00:00

    Thanks Keulemann. You saved the day. Deleting the profiles worked for me. I am on Windows 7.

    The print photo would go into an endless loop of  preparing a print "preview".

    No need to fool with replacing that dll file.

    Definitely a Windows 7 bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-09T10:40:44+00:00

    Every time when I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and trying to give print, I will get only one option install printer even after installation of printer driver

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-05T18:22:22+00:00

    Where I have seen this it seems to be related to color profiles.

    Using the old DLLs gets ones that don't have the problem with the bad color profile but gives up features if it works at all.

    keulemann's solution of deleting color profiles seems to fix the problem though the problem might come back if the color profile gets reloaded. If the problem color profile is one that loads automatically through plug and play hardware detection the problem might come back.

    If you have two computers where one works and one doesn't comparing the color profile settings might point out the problem profile.  

    To get to the color management dialog open Color Management in Control Panel

    This image shows the Color Management dialogs from Windows 7 and 8. It does seem like a 'display' ICC profile most likely causes the problem since changing printers usually does not fix the problem.

    In the image above I would select and Remove the 22 inch LCD Monitor x223w.icm file, probably the vg2230wm.icm and a few other hardware specific ones that are not shown but have short cryptic names.

    If the problem goes away after removing suspect monitor profiles, resist the urge to let Windows Update reinstall them later or the problem might come back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments