Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-23T16:31:21+00:00

    Novatone generally had it right about removing the color profiles, but my issue didn't go away after following those steps.

    For some reason, the color profile in question wasn't being displayed in the control panel, despite being present in the registry.  I had to tear down my user profile hive piece by piece before I discovered the registry value causing the issue.

    The following command might be of use for anyone else having the problem above; either with needing to remove the registered color profiles, or removing any hidden(?) registrations as in my case:

    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM\RegisteredProfiles" /va /f

    NOTE: You do not need admin rights/elevation for this command, as you should already have full rights to this key.

    James

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-14T09:08:29+00:00

    I forgot to add in my previous response that I did reinstall the old printer. The new one is still in the box. I'm sure you all figured that out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments