Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-14T07:57:33+00:00

    It won't save my settings! Help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-24T15:55:32+00:00

    This may be too late, but I hope it helps others that are frustrated with endless attempts to correct this problem. I, too, lost the use of my printer, Thursday 5/22/14 when I went into "My Documents'" to print a photo I did that morning. I've done all of the above and went out and bought a new printer this morning. Did the uninstall on the printer and noticed at the top of the programs that Adobe had updated itself that same morning I had trouble. Previously, whenever Adobe was updated, either by myself or auto, I always lost my screen saver and had to set it back up again. I stopped updating Adobe and my screen saver problem stopped. I uninstalled the printer (a HP) and everything associated with it. Then I uninstalled all of Adobe and it's ilk. I restarted the computer and went into "My Documents", started the printing process and lo and behold, it began printing again like nothing happened. I will not denigrate Adobe or it's products, but it will not be on my computer again. Three days to figure out my problem and people are still guessing about this. Try uninstalling Adobe and see if some things don't work the way they should. I guess Adobe didn't like my cat photos. Too bad, my cats are still here, Adobe is not!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-04T22:34:34+00:00

    Thanks Keulemann. You saved the day. Deleting the profiles worked for me. I am on Windows 7.

    The print photo would go into an endless loop of  preparing a print "preview".

    No need to fool with replacing that dll file.

    Definitely a Windows 7 bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-09T10:40:44+00:00

    Every time when I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and trying to give print, I will get only one option install printer even after installation of printer driver

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments