Taskbar up top, top of windows hide under taskbar when opened

Anonymous
2009-11-17T04:32:57+00:00

I've had this problem with every version of windows that I remember since I have been putting the taskbar up at the top of the screen.  Why Windows has never been designed to properly use this setup is beyond me.  In fact it is by far more productive way to have things with the taskbar up top.

Anyhow I have fixed this "error" every time but I cannot recall how it was done before.

Typically to fix it temporarily I move the taskbar, move the window in question down and move the taskbar back. This isn't very productive.  Most programs should remember their position when closed, but apparently aren't remembering.  There should be a way to force windows to open on top of the taskbar.  I know I could auto-hide the taskbar but I don't wish to do that.

I am using Windows 7.

Thanks

btw I did a search but did not find anything like this, but perhaps it is worded in a very strange way lol.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-10T09:30:11+00:00

    IT'S NOW 2014 MICROSOFT STILL HAS NOT FIXED THIS ISSUE! This is what I hate with giant companies they just don't care!!! (I'm using Windows 8.1 btw)

    I've submitted bugs regarding thing like the size and location of Disk Manager window is not saved. Microsoft ask me for detailed information witch i supplied, They confirmed this bug with the other I submitted, are they fixed? heck no! they just don't care... One of these days I will give it my best contacting every media on the www, see if they can raise some noise about Microsoft ignorance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-30T04:47:50+00:00

    Worked for me...Thanks! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-31T16:21:13+00:00

    This is an issue that's been with Windows since the taskbar was first introduced. I always put my taskbar at the top and I have been seeing this issue since the first days of XP back in 2001 or so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-18T12:39:11+00:00

    Or you can do something else.

    Press Alt + Space,

    Select Move (either by mouse or by pressing M on keyboard),

    And use arrow keys on keyboard to move your window to wherever you want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments