How do you change the screen orientation by 90 degrees (rotate by 90 degrees)?

Anonymous
2009-11-13T18:38:40+00:00

For any Vista system. It is different in Vista than in XP.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-13T18:48:59+00:00

Try pressing Ctrl + Alt + UP Arrow Keys(or one of the other Arrow Keys).

Also right-click on empty Desktop > Graphics Options > Rotation.

Cheers.


Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-19T02:12:27+00:00

    Thank you! I wasn't certain how I changed the screen orientation to begin with, it was't what I was trying to do. This helped tremendously!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-19T11:50:19+00:00

    Thank you so very much for providing a quick fix for this perplexing issue. I was just responding to an email from an Amazon vendor (I checked the email address before responding) and my screen orientation suddenly went from horizontal to vertical. I was afraid I had introduced a virus or some other malicious bug into my laptop. This easy to find response was extremely appreciated. I feel like I've had a "Der!" moment and survived.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-24T04:22:43+00:00

    Very Helpful

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-12-28T00:00:36+00:00

    God Bless you Mick! You just saved my dogs life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments