I have the same problem except in my case it happens when I click on the START button. Explorer.exe crashes with the same error and log information. It usally happens after I havn't used the START button for awhile. It happens at least once, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row.
Windows 7 Explorer Frequently Crashes - Error 0xc0000374
original title: Windows 7 Explorer Frequently Crashes!!! **** ... no way!!! yep. It usually happens when my computer is left on overnight or after a few hours of some serious php scripting with but of course MS Expression Web 3. lmfao. It usually results in not being able to rename something ... right click ... delete ... etc. Its one of these not multiples ... that causes a explorer crash and in order to fix this annoying undocumented feature ... i MUST REBOOT! Do you know how annoying this is when your right in the middle of editing some plain text documents!!!!! ... the initial installation took about 20-30min to actually start up and took an excessively long long time to install to begin with.
WTF Microsoft ... I thought Win7 wasnt going to have any of the previous OS issues! Linux FTW!
HW:
MSI 9800GT - Video Card - Not OC
Gigabyte S Series Motherboard
AMD 4000+ AM2 64x2 Processor - Copper Cooling Block not OC
2x1GB Ram ( Single Channel )
500GB SATA Seagate Barricuda HDD - Brand NEW
Razer DeathAdder USB Mouse
D-Link Wireless N Card
Standard Keyboard (PS2 Connector)
HP DVD Burner ( ide )
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2010-06-29T10:53:35+00:00 -
Anonymous
2010-06-07T11:23:51+00:00 TaskBar Shuffle is only needed in Xp and Vista. Windows 7 let you drag and drop the Taskbar entries.
For all other people with explorer crashes,
please download this reg file from my SkyDrive:
and make a double click on the file to import it.
When the explorer crashes, Windows Error Reporting Service (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787181%28VS.85%29.aspx) creates admp file under C:\Localdumps .
Please upload the file to your public Skydrive folder and post the link here. I take at the dump, maybe I can see the cause.
André
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
-
Anonymous
2010-06-07T09:35:31+00:00 I found my problem! I was using a program called: Taskbar Shuffle. It is 32bit.
I uninstalled it and the crashes went away. I have since downloaded and installed the 64bit version and still zero crashes.
I know many here have uninstalled programs and even reinstalled the operating system. The clue (raging:), could be a rogue 32bit app.
Good Luck!
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2010-03-06T20:50:27+00:00 Same here, constant crashing, Windows 7 is unusable. I have an AMD Atholon 64 bit running Windows 7 64 bit. It's unbearable and I did nothing different from when I started the computer. HEEEAAAALLLLLPPPP!!!
Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16450, time stamp: 0x4aebab8d
Faulting module name: comctl32.dll, version: 6.10.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bde67
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000fdad7
Faulting process id: 0xfe4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cabd6e7684f47c
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7600.16385_none_fa645303170382f6\comctl32.dll
Report Id: c22ff4bc-2961-11df-9f4f-001bfcd3ccc0