can I get my Microsoft Photo Editor to transfer over to Windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-13T17:08:20+00:00

I use Micro Photo Editor to create my art and need to know if I can get it to work with Window's 7 , I have Windows XP and I know it didn't transfer to Vista which I didn't like Vista anyway

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-14T15:26:15+00:00

Hi Anishtiway,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Photo editor cannot be transfered to windows 7. Paint is a feature in Windows 7 with which you can edit pictures. You can use Paint like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.

 Check the link "Getting started with Paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

 "REsize a picture using paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-16T22:46:56+00:00

    As I suspected NOBODY uses this forum anymore

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-08-30T05:22:42+00:00

    I have Microsoft Photo Editor Starter Edition 2006   on my old PC with XP.  I believe it was in the tools part of my Microsoft Office that came with the laptop.  

    I do not have CDs - how do I switch my Microsoft Photo Editor from my old PC to my new one?

    I hate the other horrible editor programs.  I keep having to fire up my old PC,  download my photos - do any editing -

    and then I have to transfer the edited photos to my new PC.

     

    i have tried copying the entire photo editor starter edition 2006 folder over but that did not work.

    HELP  Please.

    =============================================

    There is a 60 day free trial still available for download called:

    Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7C3B3DED-A15F-48C5-B724-7796FE8C151E&displaylang=en

    (this product line has been discontinued but you can still

    download the Starter Version and run it for 60 days)

    Is it possible that this is the program you are referring to?


    Volunteer J - MS-MVP - Digital Media Experience - Notice_This is not tech support_I am a volunteer - Solutions that work for me may not work for you - ***Proceed at your own risk***

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-09-12T22:30:40+00:00

    I too njoyed using Microsoft Photo Editor. I especially liked the ability to use it to resize and move a photo to anywhere on the printed page.  This is especially helpful when you are trying to save on the cost of photo paper. Photo Editor began to fail under XP and was just not available under Windows 7 until I got creative in installing it and running it.

    It would be nice if Microsoft would bring it back to run under Windows 7... but till then try the following which worked for me to get Microsoft Photo Editor to function under Windows 7.  I used my old copy of Microsoft Office 97 to make this install happen.

    1. Insert the Microsoft Office 97 CD into your Windows 7 computer.  I assume if you have the Photoed.exe file as an add on program you will need to make a few changes in this process.
    2. Run a custom install  of Office 97 and only select photo editor from the office selections
    3. I don't know if this was necessary, BUT to avoid any confusion of files with Office 2007 I elected to CHANGE THE INSTALL LOCATION  for Office 97 to MICROSOFT OFFICE97.  This will also make it easier if you need to do an UN-Install of Office 97.
    4. I did not install any of the patches for Office 97.
    5. I allowed the program to install JUST    PHOTOED.EXE
    6. There were a few additional files loaded but I assume that they are needed to make the photoed.exe function under windows....??
    7. I did NOT need to select to run as administrator or in any of the other compatibility options of Windows 7.

    The hard part was getting the program to print my finished photos.  NONE of my printers could actually print a finished picture UNTIL....

    1. I downloaded PDF Factory version PDF352std.exe from the following site:

    http://www.fineprint.com/products/download-pdfFactory.html 2. I then opened my photo in Microsoft Photo Editor 3. Then I selected PRINT and selected the PDF Printer from the PRINTER pull down window. 4. Then I manipulated it as desired changing size and position on the page using the TAB key to move from field to field 5. I finally hit return and allowed the PDF Printer to print the photo. 6. PDF Factory came up and offered to allow me to save and or print the photo. 7. I was then able to send the finished photo to one of my standard printers with no problem.

    I hope this is helpful.

    Andy

    THIS STILL WORKS AS OF SEPT 2010. I just did it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-09-26T21:27:46+00:00

    I have a file microsoftphotoeditor3.01 zipfile in my archives ...it unzips to have the files from photoed and I expanded them to a directory ...now have photoeditor working in windows 7 ...baddabing,baddaboom!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments