can I get my Microsoft Photo Editor to transfer over to Windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-13T17:08:20+00:00

I use Micro Photo Editor to create my art and need to know if I can get it to work with Window's 7 , I have Windows XP and I know it didn't transfer to Vista which I didn't like Vista anyway

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-14T15:26:15+00:00

Hi Anishtiway,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Photo editor cannot be transfered to windows 7. Paint is a feature in Windows 7 with which you can edit pictures. You can use Paint like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.

 Check the link "Getting started with Paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

 "REsize a picture using paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-29T01:41:21+00:00

    I found PhotoEditor so useful, I'd be happy to pay for a version that works in Windows 7 - just so long as Microsoft don't mess with the elegant simplicity of the original version.  Likewise Outlook Express.  I like simple, basic applications that do the job - hate all the added fandangles that bump up the price without adding any perceivable functionality.  (This is why I persist with Word 97, even though Office 10 came ready-installed on my Windows 7 laptop.  I have no need for all those screen-hogging 'ribbons' and the like - when I'm working on a document, I want to see the document, not big fat taskbars.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-13T19:17:36+00:00

    I use Micro Photo Editor to create my art and need to know if I can get it to work with Window's 7 , I have Windows XP and I know it didn't transfer to Vista which I didn't like Vista anyway

    Hello:

    I was successfully using Microsoft Photoed.exe within Windows 7 Pro.  This does work, but I just installed Windows 8.1 and now I can't remember where the applet is.  Do you recall what Office disk it is on?

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-13T21:26:53+00:00

    the office 97 route worked for me up to now, but windows 8 doesn't allow it ...the windows 97 installer hangs...

    there is a MS Photo Editor 3.1 zip in the wild ...I have it.

    It is not an installer ...you make a folder PHOTOED310 in Program Files x86 folder & copy it in there...

    You can pin the executable to the taskbar & the start menu...

    If it doesn't display correctly (stays minimized to taskbar...) you can edit the registry:

    1. Ensure the Microsoft Photo Editor is closed. If you’re not sure, restart the computer and don’t try to open the application.
    2. Click Start, and then click Run.

    http://www.technipages.com/microsoft-photo-editor-starts-and-stays-minimized.html

    1. In the Open box, type REGEDIT, and then click OK.
    2. Click on the plus sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

    then Software

    then Microsoft

    then Photo Editor

    then 3.0

    then Microsoft Photo Editor

    1. Right-click the Initial Position key on the right-pane, and then click Delete.
    2. Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete this value.

    Close the registry editor and try to open Microsoft Photo Editor. The window should now appear normally.

    got that here:

    http://www.technipages.com/microsoft-photo-editor-starts-and-stays-minimized.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-27T03:56:59+00:00

    Finally someone has a real answer; this works great! Two more additions:

      1. It works also for Win 8 and 8.1.

      2. If you do not have Office 97, you can legally download it from WinWorldPC at:

         https://winworldpc.com/download/47A3BB28-18DA-11E4-99E5-7054D21A8599

    Thanks a lot!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments