can I get my Microsoft Photo Editor to transfer over to Windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-13T17:08:20+00:00

I use Micro Photo Editor to create my art and need to know if I can get it to work with Window's 7 , I have Windows XP and I know it didn't transfer to Vista which I didn't like Vista anyway

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-14T15:26:15+00:00

Hi Anishtiway,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Photo editor cannot be transfered to windows 7. Paint is a feature in Windows 7 with which you can edit pictures. You can use Paint like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.

 Check the link "Getting started with Paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

 "REsize a picture using paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-02-14T00:52:52+00:00

    Maybe it's time to get a Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-02-08T21:38:50+00:00

    Fortunately, I still have my old Office 97 discs. This trick works like a charm--thanks! Microsoft Photo Editor is one of those rare programs that's fast and effective--written in an era before bloatware. I'm glad I can get it back onboard for Win 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-02-08T21:05:13+00:00

    Hi Anishtiway,

    Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

    Unfortunately, Microsoft Photo editor cannot be transfered to windows 7. Paint is a feature in Windows 7 with which you can edit pictures. You can use Paint like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.

     Check the link "Getting started with Paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

     "REsize a picture using paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

    Diana

    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Which would be fine if that was what one needed.  Unfortunately, I used to cut the screen shots down to what was required and was able to save them in another FORMAT other than BMP so that OUTLOOK could send them.  Now I can not cut what I need, and can not mail it because it is too large.  Nice 'solution'.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-01-22T05:17:53+00:00

    Some of us still want that photo ed program and still find our way here.  I lost it with the update to windows 7.  I think if I just keep checking someonw will know how to get around this program and I can use the best little editor I ever found once again.

    MS giveth and MS taketh away. what a pain in the butt!

    Jois

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments