can I get my Microsoft Photo Editor to transfer over to Windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-13T17:08:20+00:00

I use Micro Photo Editor to create my art and need to know if I can get it to work with Window's 7 , I have Windows XP and I know it didn't transfer to Vista which I didn't like Vista anyway

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-14T15:26:15+00:00

Hi Anishtiway,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Photo editor cannot be transfered to windows 7. Paint is a feature in Windows 7 with which you can edit pictures. You can use Paint like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.

 Check the link "Getting started with Paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

 "REsize a picture using paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-21T13:20:04+00:00

    Nope, it's not in office 2010, but now you've mentionned it, I just found MS Picture Mnager 2010 in it, and it does what Photo Editor was the only other able to do : select part of a picture by specifying coordinates, so you you're able to reproduce the same crop on different screenshots.

    It's a shame no other programs are able to perform such a simple task, but it's a fact, and this is why I was still using my trusty Photo Editor (from Office XP) up to last month, before my motherboard died, forcing me into Windows 7 Pro.

    I also had to change Office version anyway, as since some Windows XP updates, saving Office documents destroyed them if you didn't do it only once then closed it (any second attempt corrupted the file).

    Photo Editor was also limitated with pictures sizes. Anyway, if Picture Manager doesn't do the other tasks Photo Editor did so easily (such as contrats/luminosity adjustments and easy copy/paste of pictures parts), maybe I'll try to reinstall Photo Editor from my Office XP CD-ROM.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-02T20:48:33+00:00

    I got my Photo Editor from an old Office XP installation CD. I had to go through the installation process. It created an item in the Win7 Start Menu. Started up without a problem. Unfortunately this does not work like the Photo Editor I am used to - does not have the onscreen bars for cropping and the auto resizing for different applications. Still better than Paint, I guess:-). I believe the desired Photo Editor may also be part of Office 2010 Professional.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T23:39:14+00:00

    the office 97 route worked for me up to now, but windows 8 doesn't allow it ...the windows 97 installer hangs...

    there is a MS Photo Editor 3.1 zip in the wild ...I have it.

    It is not an installer ...you make a folder PHOTOED310 in Program Files x86 folder & copy it in there...

    You can pin the executable to the taskbar & the start menu...

    If it doesn't display correctly (stays minimized to taskbar...) you can edit the registry:

    1. Ensure the Microsoft Photo Editor is closed. If you’re not sure, restart the computer and don’t try to open the application.
    2. Click Start, and then click Run.

    http://www.technipages.com/microsoft-photo-editor-starts-and-stays-minimized.html

    1. In the Open box, type REGEDIT, and then click OK.
    2. Click on the plus sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

    then Software

    then Microsoft

    then Photo Editor

    then 3.0

    then Microsoft Photo Editor

    1. Right-click the Initial Position key on the right-pane, and then click Delete.
    2. Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete this value.

    Close the registry editor and try to open Microsoft Photo Editor. The window should now appear normally.

    got that here:

    http://www.technipages.com/microsoft-photo-editor-starts-and-stays-minimized.html

    I still use M$PhotoEd on windows 10 pro !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T23:03:16+00:00

    I found the photoed.exe and am using it just fine on Windows 7...yay!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments