can I get my Microsoft Photo Editor to transfer over to Windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-13T17:08:20+00:00

I use Micro Photo Editor to create my art and need to know if I can get it to work with Window's 7 , I have Windows XP and I know it didn't transfer to Vista which I didn't like Vista anyway

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-14T15:26:15+00:00

Hi Anishtiway,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Photo editor cannot be transfered to windows 7. Paint is a feature in Windows 7 with which you can edit pictures. You can use Paint like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.

 Check the link "Getting started with Paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

 "REsize a picture using paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-14T19:37:07+00:00

    Thank You!!! I tried it, but it didn't work. I did however have it on Microsoft office 2000. So I just re-loaded it. But again, Thank You so much for your help!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-13T14:45:01+00:00

    Sorry, but yes it does work. At least for me anyway. I have been using it in Win 7 for over 3 years. I upload Windows Essentials , and it wiped it out. Now I am trying to find somewhere to re-download it. It's the best photo editing tool I have ever used. I have never had a problem with it.

    ===============================================

    This is just a guess but maybe you still have the MS Photo Editor

    software and the problem is that the shortcut was corrupted.

    It may be worth a try to do a search for the executable file that

    launches MS Photo Editor.

    Search for :   PHOTOED.EXE

    Windows 7 - Find a file or folder

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Find-a-file-or-folder

    Windows 7 - Searching in Windows: frequently asked questions

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Searching-in-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-13T12:23:57+00:00

    Sorry, but yes it does work. At least for me anyway. I have been using it in Win 7 for over 3 years. I upload Windows Essentials , and it wiped it out. Now I am trying to find somewhere to re-download it. It's the best photo editing tool I have ever used. I have never had a problem with it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-11-03T21:12:04+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments