Unable to boot - TFGHT is compressed

Anonymous
2010-09-25T18:43:35+00:00

original title: boot up

Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS. Please help solve.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-25T19:02:41+00:00

Here is a method I picked up from some other thread:

  1. Start your computer from the Windows 7 installation DVD or Repair CD.
  2. Select Repair your computer.
  3. Load driver.
  4. Go to Computer and right click drive where Windows 7 is installed.
  5. Select Properties and uncheck "Compress drive to save disk space".
  6. Close and restart the computer normally.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-12-31T21:10:07+00:00

    if your windows install doesn't work try hiren's boot CD and load the version of

    XP that is on the disk and  uncompress your hard drive as described above.http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-12-12T22:04:56+00:00

    original title: boot up

    Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS. Please help solve.

    I have this same problem...my issue is that I don't have the original boot up/recovery disk so the only options I'm given are to return the system to orginal factory defaults and lose everything on my c drive or restore the computer to the original factory defaults (there was no OS when I bought it). Am I screwed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-12-03T18:10:33+00:00

    ignore last post a drive was compressed but it was'nt C: it was and E: drive

    so deleted all partions and installed new OS (Win 7 Starter) and all is well in my world again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-12-03T17:09:32+00:00

    I have same TFGHT Compressed press ctrl+alt+del  problem

    i tried solutions already shown and found the HDD is not compressed

    so why am i getting this error

    my computer is MSI U135

    I have formatted the HDD and installed new OS (Win7 starter) and still get same error

    any help would be great

    c4rp3tburn

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments