Unable to boot - TFGHT is compressed

Anonymous
2010-09-25T18:43:35+00:00

original title: boot up

Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS. Please help solve.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-25T19:02:41+00:00

Here is a method I picked up from some other thread:

  1. Start your computer from the Windows 7 installation DVD or Repair CD.
  2. Select Repair your computer.
  3. Load driver.
  4. Go to Computer and right click drive where Windows 7 is installed.
  5. Select Properties and uncheck "Compress drive to save disk space".
  6. Close and restart the computer normally.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-05-12T04:00:04+00:00

    Guys,

    No option work from above, you may go through load drivers, select your data from drive c, paste to other drive and make drive c format, fresh install windows 7, (as i was trying with win 7 only) after completion of new installation your  TFGHT is compressed problem solve surely. pls update me if you done it

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-05-11T18:04:00+00:00

    Had the same issue after compressing my SSD drive... One thing you must make certain of is to make sure you check the boot order in your bios and the cd rom drive is at the top or you know which key to press for your motherboard to get into the boot options menu to startup the repair/recovery cd, other than that, worked perfectly Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-11-22T09:52:16+00:00

    I am having the same problem, Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS, i cant get it to from from disk even to try and repair, PLEASE HELP

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more