Unable to boot - TFGHT is compressed

Anonymous
2010-09-25T18:43:35+00:00

original title: boot up

Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS. Please help solve.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-25T19:02:41+00:00

Here is a method I picked up from some other thread:

  1. Start your computer from the Windows 7 installation DVD or Repair CD.
  2. Select Repair your computer.
  3. Load driver.
  4. Go to Computer and right click drive where Windows 7 is installed.
  5. Select Properties and uncheck "Compress drive to save disk space".
  6. Close and restart the computer normally.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-05-11T18:04:00+00:00

    Had the same issue after compressing my SSD drive... One thing you must make certain of is to make sure you check the boot order in your bios and the cd rom drive is at the top or you know which key to press for your motherboard to get into the boot options menu to startup the repair/recovery cd, other than that, worked perfectly Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-12-12T22:04:56+00:00

    original title: boot up

    Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS. Please help solve.

    I have this same problem...my issue is that I don't have the original boot up/recovery disk so the only options I'm given are to return the system to orginal factory defaults and lose everything on my c drive or restore the computer to the original factory defaults (there was no OS when I bought it). Am I screwed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-05-08T16:57:41+00:00

    if i do not have cd what i have to do.

    I forget where i put it.

    please tell me any correct solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-12-03T17:09:32+00:00

    I have same TFGHT Compressed press ctrl+alt+delĀ  problem

    i tried solutions already shown and found the HDD is not compressed

    so why am i getting this error

    my computer is MSI U135

    I have formatted the HDD and installed new OS (Win7 starter) and still get same error

    any help would be great

    c4rp3tburn

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments