I remember someone with this issue who found that a group policy setting was
preventing this. Might be worth checking..?
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:09:50 +0000, sctrl wrote:
>
>
>Not for me, I originally asked the question. I don't know who marked the answer. It didn't work for me.
>
>I uninstalled/reinstalled WMP and WMC, enabled all exceptions on Windows Firewall, made sure SSDP and UPNP services are running. I also tried deleting WMP database files as was suggested in other threads on this topic.
>
>Nothing works. The button "Turn on media streaming" is still enabled and nothing happens when I click on it, no events in the event log, nothing. I'm using Tversity for now to share media, but it has a problem with SSDP service which I disabled to make
TVersity work. Would be nice to have built-in Windows streaming working but I guess I will have to reinstall at some point - that't the only option I see right now.
Barb Bowman
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com