Error Code 66A

Anonymous
2010-10-14T19:14:06+00:00

I keep getting an error code when I try to install the latest Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2160841)

(Download size: 2.5 MB)

Can't get it resolved...any suggestions?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-06-09T19:45:41+00:00

    I uninstalled Netframe and I no longer have the problem.  Thanks for your help!!

    Larry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-06-06T04:27:05+00:00

    Thanks anyway ,i'm still clueless how to fix the error,but I will try again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-06-02T06:10:07+00:00

    I just had a great success with this error. I went to START, CONTROL PANEL, PROGRAMS AND FEATURES, MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4 CLIENT PROFILE, UNINSTALL, THEN REPAIR. My update installed successfully after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-05-22T23:01:53+00:00

    I have the same problem, but I am a little computer illiterate.  How do I uninstall and then reinstall?  I know I need that .NET Framework Cleanup Tool but how do I know I wont mess up my registry numbers and stuff?

    Sorry for the dumb question.  I don't want to mess up my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments