Error: Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.An unspecified error occurred__766f6c756d652e63 3f1

Anonymous
2010-06-28T12:42:03+00:00

Original title: Windows 7.File system is NTFS volume label is OS.Can not open volume for direct access. Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.An unspecified error occurred__766f6c756d652e63 3f1

I have recently upgraded from Vista home premium to Windows 7 Home premium, and everything was working fine, until recently I keep receiving the above message every time I start my laptop. I cannot do a system restore and this error tells me to do a system restore. I downloaded the upgrade from the internet, so I don't have a copy or disc to reinstall. Can anyone help me solve this problem or do I have to uninstall all the recent software programmes?

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-07-17T17:51:08+00:00

Hi Lowey58

I had exactly the same problem. This worked for me:

  1. Uninstall antivirus  (mine was AVG free v9)
  2. Schedule chkdsk on restart
  3. Restart
  4. Now CHKDSK runs and fixes up he disk problems
  5. Re-install AVG

Try it and if it works post a reply so that others know ot worked for you too.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-01T21:24:06+00:00

    Avast Antivirus.  Pemanent Disable Command. CHKDSK then ran, no problem. Re-Enabled Avast afterwards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-07-02T06:19:55+00:00

    Hi Divya R

    I tried your method, but unfortunately it didn't work. Have you any other suggestions. The link provided ends up with the same error.

    Thanks

    Lowey58

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-07-02T06:17:48+00:00

    Hi Mike,

    Yes we need a solution. I have received an answer from microsoft, but it didn't work. I hoped that they would reply again, but they haven't. I'm not the greatest at this, so hopefully someone out there can find an answer

    lowey 58

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-06-29T06:35:32+00:00

    Hi Divya, Thanks for your information, but unfortunately, after I tried your method, it came up with exactly the same error. Any other suggestions? Lowey 58

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments