Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849 "Unable to send or receive messages for the Windows Live Hotmail account"

Anonymous
2010-09-20T06:48:51+00:00

Original Title: Windows Live Mail Beta

I cannot receive or send mail always there is an error coming as under

Unable to send or receive messages for the Windows Live Hotmail account.

Server Error: 0x80048849

Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-11-01T08:59:47+00:00

hi,

Server Error: 0x80048849

Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048849

When i was having above problem, i changed the settings on Internet Explorer and it solved my problem.

Just try this:

Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, uncheck the Automatically Detect Settings,OK. 

Advanced, Restore Advanced Settings, OK.

Hope the above will help.  

Regards,

SNair

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-21T08:39:14+00:00

Hi wadhwap,

The issue you have posted will be better suited in Windows Live Solution Center. I would suggest you to post your query in Windows Live Solution Center for better support.

Windows Live Solution Center – Mail Portal

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards, Santosh Y – Microsoft Support

Visit our **Microsoft Answers Feedback**Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

59 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-01-14T13:54:44+00:00

    OK,I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ,I REISTALLED & ALL THAT BUT I GOT THE SAME MESSEGE..THEN IN THE ACCOUNTS SECTION OPEN EMAIL+ & TYPE YOUR EMAIL FOR THE LIVE ACCOUNT & PUT PRIMARY ACCOUNT & THE MESSEGE GOES AWAY..ADIOS

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-12-22T20:28:30+00:00

    Try any combination of the following solutions:

    Solution 1:

    Make sure that you are actually signed into the Windows Live Mail primary account and that you are not actually working offline. Check this by looking at the top righthand side of the Windows Live Mail window. If you like, configure your Windows Live Mail to automatically sign in everytime you start the application.

    Solution 2:

    Check to see if you are receiving a reasonably strong internet transmission signal; in some cases, especially WiFi and Broadband, the signal may fluctuate and cause data errors.

    Solution 3:

    Perhaps you are configured by Windows Live Mail to always use HTTPS for Hotmail. If this is the case, then this will cause problems for Windows Live Mail when it attempts to connect to Hotmail via HTTP using DeltaSync. Go tohttps://account.live.com/managessl and sign in with any of the hotmail accounts that have this synchronization error problem in Windows Live Mail; repeat for each "hotmail" account. Read the Important note, then select the radio button "Don't use HTTPS automatically". Make sure you " Save" the change if necessary.

    Solution 4:

    You can try synchronizing your account(s) a few times manually and be patient until the server can process (i.e. synchronize) your mail successfully. Sometimes I just allow this error to transpire and after 2 minutes (this is my timed setting) I know that Windows Live will automatically try again to synchronize my mail accounts. This is a mail client application which, intuitively, must be highly complicated and sensitive as the servers are communicating with each other.

    Solution 5:

    This is a trial and error procedure. You must be patient and I recommend you go slowly. You will have to issue the commands from the old DOS prompt.

    Try the procedure at the following link:

    http://www.windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=961398d1-3f29-4679-a186-31535fe41402

    Jot down the results in tabular form as you will be determining the best server settings for your computer. When you issue the "netsh" command, do not include the "store=persistent" condition.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-19T17:54:25+00:00

    This is what worked for me.  It was an old email address from Windows 95 that I have used over the years that wasn't sending or recieving. I set the default account to a different email. I removed the email that wasn't working from Windows Live. I then went to "accounts" and added a new account with the very same email address that I just removed. Walla Walla Washington.......It fixed the problem. Why this has not come up in any of these threads after days of searching I don't know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments