And I would like to inform you that you are wrong. If you had read my post, you would know that there is a setting for this on my MacBook Pro. Now, it may not be playing "stereo" sound through the one speaker in a technical sense, but it DOES play the
left and right channel through the one speaker. There is no question. For example, on the song "Savior", by Rise Against. On my WINDOWS computer, I can only hear half of the sound on headphones in my right ear, since I am deaf in my left. On my MACBOOK,
I hear BOTH CHANNELS IN ONE EAR, because the Mac has accessibility settings that allow mono playback. I can hear the difference. It may be that Windows doesnt have this capability. If not, then I will just use my Mac for playback with headphones.
So again, it IS POSSIBLE to do, despite what you have been told. My Mac does this without any issues, I was just hoping to get my Windows PC to do this as well.
That's incredible!! Today I was listening to the same identical song you mentioned and I figured out that I had some problems with one of my speakers! Now everything's working again, thank you so much, and what a coincidence!