Mass Storage Controller has no driver, windows update can't find a driver.

Anonymous
2009-11-02T12:05:20+00:00

After doing a full installation of Windows 7 professional 64-bit onto a laptop previously with Windows XP MCE 2005 there is a problem with a piece of hardware. In device manager the details are as follows:

Mass Storage Controller

Device type: Other devices

Manufacturer: Unknown

Location: PCI bus 6, device 7, function 2

Device status:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

I have tried windows update and it cannot find a driver.

I am happy to provide any further information required and I appreciate any help offered.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-15T21:53:37+00:00

Vista driver for Clevo M570U :

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/M57xU/OTHERS/CardReader_V.zip

When there will be some kind of problems with installation then try to run it in Vista compatibility mode.

Resources:

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Make older programs run in this version of Windows


If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-13T13:02:59+00:00

The link does work, but it's hosted on a slow FTP server so it's probably haphazard.

I'm mirroring it to make it easier to get hold of:

http://download.xanderx.com/software/windows/driver/CardReader_V.zip

As a side note, I didn't need to use any compatibility settings to install the driver.  Just run it and it seems to work out fine.

Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2009-11-14T02:45:03+00:00

    Check again harware id's for this device.

    If it's one of this:

    1. PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8035
    2. PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8038
    3. PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803D

    Then drivers posted by Alex Palmer will work for You. If they are different they will not work.


    If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

    If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-11-13T13:18:57+00:00

    I have the same problem, running a Clevo M570U with Windows 7 Ultimate x64!  After doing some research using the hardware ID (which also brought me here), I found a number of drivers.

    You can try the one best working so far I found here:

    ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/../notebook/extensa_5220/vista/Drivers/CardR_TI_v2_0_0_7.zip

    Yes, it's for a different laptop, but it has the same hardware inside, so I gave it a shot.  It appears to work on the facet, but seems to either struggle with large transfers or large files (where it'll complain you need to insert a diskette!).  This makes it not so useful for me, but it might work for you.

    It is a little risky when installing drivers not for your machine, so be prepared for anything.  If you don't like it, uninstall it through Programs & Features, under "Texas Instruments [...]".

    Try a few different drivers and see if any work.  Live on the wild side!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-11-09T17:13:16+00:00

    Yes I have a notebook.

    It is a clevo M570U. I don't know how to find the part number.

    I have looked on their website and the particular driver is not listed as above so I cannot find it (I tried to download drivers that seemed like they were for the piece of hardware, but the download fails to fully download each time).

    I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the particular PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller came with this notebook, or how to find out as the Texas Instruments website provides drivers for it.

    I appreciate your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments