Mass Storage Controller has no driver, windows update can't find a driver.

Anonymous
2009-11-02T12:05:20+00:00

After doing a full installation of Windows 7 professional 64-bit onto a laptop previously with Windows XP MCE 2005 there is a problem with a piece of hardware. In device manager the details are as follows:

Mass Storage Controller

Device type: Other devices

Manufacturer: Unknown

Location: PCI bus 6, device 7, function 2

Device status:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

I have tried windows update and it cannot find a driver.

I am happy to provide any further information required and I appreciate any help offered.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-15T21:53:37+00:00

Vista driver for Clevo M570U :

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/M57xU/OTHERS/CardReader_V.zip

When there will be some kind of problems with installation then try to run it in Vista compatibility mode.

Resources:

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Make older programs run in this version of Windows


If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-13T13:02:59+00:00

The link does work, but it's hosted on a slow FTP server so it's probably haphazard.

I'm mirroring it to make it easier to get hold of:

http://download.xanderx.com/software/windows/driver/CardReader_V.zip

As a side note, I didn't need to use any compatibility settings to install the driver.  Just run it and it seems to work out fine.

Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-09T10:45:39+00:00

    My Laptop Model is Sony Vaio VGN-CR35G and I am unable to find the driver from Sony Website.

    I was wodering if you could help me find the right driver for the following Hardware:

    PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B&SUBSYS_9015104D&REV_00

    PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B&SUBSYS_9015104D

    PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B&CC_018000

    PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B&CC_0180

    By the way It's "Mass Storage Controller"

    Thanks

    Aleem

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-11-15T12:08:04+00:00

    Hi

    Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I have PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B listed in the Device Ids.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-11-10T13:49:29+00:00

    I think that the M570TU/M570RU are different to the version that I have: M570U.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments