Stop 9F Driver Power State Failure

Anonymous
2010-03-03T22:10:47+00:00

I frequently get STOP 9F bugchecks after my system has been running for awhile and I attempt to put it to sleep or hibernate.

Below is the Bugcheck Analysis:

Can anyone help with this?

0: kd> !analyze -v

*******************************************************************************

*                                                                             *

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

*                                                                             *

*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time

Arg2: fffffa80048ec060, Physical Device Object of the stack

Arg3: fffff800045fd518, Functional Device Object of the stack

Arg4: fffffa80043815f0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:


DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3

IMAGE_NAME:  pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4a5bc117

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000f78000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

STACK_TEXT: 

fffff800045fd4c8 fffff800030f6e23 : 000000000000009f 0000000000000003 fffffa80048ec060 fffff800045fd518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

fffff800045fd4d0 fffff80003093fa6 : fffff800045fd618 fffff800045fd618 0000000000000007 0000000000000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29330

fffff800045fd570 fffff80003093326 : fffffa800959f168 fffffa800959f168 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66

fffff800045fd5e0 fffff80003093e7e : 000000b9fff258c5 fffff800045fdc58 00000000004e2373 fffff800032040e8 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6

fffff800045fdc30 fffff80003093697 : 00000030510838ce 00000030004e2373 00000030510838d4 0000000000000073 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be

fffff800045fdcd0 fffff800030906fa : fffff80003200e80 fffff8000320ec40 0000000000000001 fffff88000000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277

fffff800045fdd80 0000000000000000 : fffff800045fe000 fffff800045f8000 fffff800045fdd40 0000000000000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner


<Original title - STOP 9F Driver Power State Failure>

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-03-27T12:54:41+00:00

I hve identified the problem, but unfortunately do not have a solution. The problem is indeed the dirver NETw5s64.sys.

see --> http://communities.intel.com/thread/10055 for additonal discussion of the problem Intel needs to update this driver.

If I connect using a wired connection, all works as it should. I can put the system to sleep and wake it up as it should work. However, if I connect using the wireless connection, after using it for some amount of time, the computer will not sleep. THe screen goes blank, disk activity continues for some time and eventually the system gets to STOP 9F.

This and other prblems with this driver and discussed in the above link!!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-03-06T21:02:30+00:00

    Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

    Version: 6.1.7600.16385

    Date: 6/21/2006

    Driver Tab:

    Driver Files: c:\WIndows\system32\Drivers\vwifimp.sys

    File Version: 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-06T20:04:00+00:00

    In the Device Manager if you double-click the  "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" > Driver > Driver Details

    What is listed under "Driver files"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-06T15:14:37+00:00

    Also, in order to get the "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" to work again, I need to restart my comuter, but as soon as i put the computer to sleep and wake it up the caution icon is back. Maybe this driver is the source of the error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-03-06T15:03:42+00:00

    One more thing before I try the above...

    I have been looking around the Forum for similar problems and found one, I forget where, that suggested unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for network drivers and some other drivers that on my system don't have a Power Management tab.

    I have unchecked this for all my network adapters which includes the following:

    Intel(R) 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection

    Intel(R) Centrino(R Ultimate- N 630 AGN

    Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

    Interestingly, my computer seems to sleep and wake correctly. However, when it wakes up it takes awhile for the wireless connection to connect up and sometimes I have to manually do it, but I have not gotten any BSODs. Also in the Device Manager, the "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" now has a caution icon on it and the device status is as follows: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". If I try to update the driver, I get a message that Windows can't verify the publisher of the driver so the driver stays stopped.

    Any thoughts?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments