Stop 9F Driver Power State Failure

Anonymous
2010-03-03T22:10:47+00:00

I frequently get STOP 9F bugchecks after my system has been running for awhile and I attempt to put it to sleep or hibernate.

Below is the Bugcheck Analysis:

Can anyone help with this?

0: kd> !analyze -v

*******************************************************************************

*                                                                             *

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

*                                                                             *

*******************************************************************************

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time

Arg2: fffffa80048ec060, Physical Device Object of the stack

Arg3: fffff800045fd518, Functional Device Object of the stack

Arg4: fffffa80043815f0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:


DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3

IMAGE_NAME:  pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4a5bc117

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000f78000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

STACK_TEXT: 

fffff800045fd4c8 fffff800030f6e23 : 000000000000009f 0000000000000003 fffffa80048ec060 fffff800045fd518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

fffff800045fd4d0 fffff80003093fa6 : fffff800045fd618 fffff800045fd618 0000000000000007 0000000000000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29330

fffff800045fd570 fffff80003093326 : fffffa800959f168 fffffa800959f168 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66

fffff800045fd5e0 fffff80003093e7e : 000000b9fff258c5 fffff800045fdc58 00000000004e2373 fffff800032040e8 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6

fffff800045fdc30 fffff80003093697 : 00000030510838ce 00000030004e2373 00000030510838d4 0000000000000073 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be

fffff800045fdcd0 fffff800030906fa : fffff80003200e80 fffff8000320ec40 0000000000000001 fffff88000000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277

fffff800045fdd80 0000000000000000 : fffff800045fe000 fffff800045f8000 fffff800045fdd40 0000000000000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner


<Original title - STOP 9F Driver Power State Failure>

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-03-27T12:54:41+00:00

I hve identified the problem, but unfortunately do not have a solution. The problem is indeed the dirver NETw5s64.sys.

see --> http://communities.intel.com/thread/10055 for additonal discussion of the problem Intel needs to update this driver.

If I connect using a wired connection, all works as it should. I can put the system to sleep and wake it up as it should work. However, if I connect using the wireless connection, after using it for some amount of time, the computer will not sleep. THe screen goes blank, disk activity continues for some time and eventually the system gets to STOP 9F.

This and other prblems with this driver and discussed in the above link!!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-11-14T21:44:09+00:00

    If you can, see if you can disable the wifi card in the BIOS. Other wise see if you can physically take the card out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-11-14T15:08:21+00:00

    I get the same error.  I think it is a hardware issue.  I'll be a bit of a heretic here, but I get the same behavior booting from various live Linux CDs (UBCD, Knoppix, Knoppix STD).  Windows 7 boots up to the "Starting Windows " screen and then hangs for a period of time.  Then I get the Stop 9F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen.  My hardware is a Lenovo G560.  If I boot from a Linux CD I can do text mode fine.  When I try to start any GUI the system hangs for a long time.  I, obviously, never get a blue screen, but I think that, at least in my case, drivers are ruled out.


    John DeVito

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-11-14T00:06:51+00:00

    UPDATE:

    So after a couple of months of using these drivers I haven't seen a single BSOD or a freeze while just opening the laptop after it's been closed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-09-24T04:19:55+00:00

    This isn't limited to just Lenovo laptops. I have a HP G71-340US laptop with an Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN and I have the same drivers (13.2.etc) directly from Intel and still the same problem.

    After read this and couple other forums and just now found out that Intel has updated the drivers to 13.3.​0.​24, which I just now downloaded but haven't installed yet and will update if there is any change although I don't know how to force the problem now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments