How do I "renew your IP address" to repair my wireless network connection?

Anonymous
2010-02-06T23:31:28+00:00

This is what the pop up window said----- "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the folowing action cannot be completed - RENEWING your IP ADDRESS" 

Can someone help me to renew my IP so my wireless will work again on a long time laptop.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-07T11:32:23+00:00

To renew your IP address:

  1. Open windows command prompt  Start\ Run\cmd\ok2. To release your Ip address ipconfig/releaseEnter3. To renew your IP address ipconfig/renewEnterExitBest of Luck

Sohail Khan

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T06:08:59+00:00

    Thank you so much Sohail A Khan.

    Your solution to the problem of "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the folowing action cannot be completed - RENEWING your IP ADDRESS" worked and my internet connection returned.

    Best and regards

    Yuvraj

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T00:37:35+00:00

    I just remove my wireless network and put the password again.

    The others technincs doesn't work in my case, so maybe this silly thing help somewone,

    Tomas Mur.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-01T23:25:33+00:00

    I did that so many times I could do it in my sleep now.  Lynksis suggested I swap out the wireless card. It IS an older laptop, so I will probably go that route.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-01T04:09:39+00:00

    This is what the pop up window said----- "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the folowing action cannot be completed - RENEWING your IP ADDRESS" 

    Can someone help me to renew my IP so my wireless will work again on a long time laptop.

    There are two types of ip address we are using

    1)Static ip address

    2)dyamic ip address

    I

    f you have dynamic IP, then change your IP address by following the steps:

    step 1: Go to Start->Run->Cmd->Press Enter..Type in "ipconfig/release" for Current IP address and then type "ipconfig/renew" for New IP address.

    step 2: Either follow step 1 or Simply restart or unplug your modem/router .

    Doing either step 1 or 2 will change your Dynamic IP address. Visit Ip-details.com to check your IP address is changed or not.

    If you have Static Ip address, Contact your service provider and request a IP Change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments