Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared

Anonymous
2010-03-14T21:57:26+00:00

I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere.  It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching.  Any help would be appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-06T14:02:29+00:00

You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-27T00:53:41+00:00

    Yes, it works.  Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-04T16:10:45+00:00

    Thanks alot .. I found it there

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-07T16:36:30+00:00

    This worked for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-04-12T13:09:22+00:00

    Thank you for the information, but I finally got it back. I had to do the step that you described, I had played around on my computer until I got it back, but the problem is I can not remember how I got it. Oh! I think that I had to go one step further by making sure that I was the administrator of the program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments