My DLNA player cannot detect the DLNA server on my Win 7 PC using WMP 12.

Anonymous
2010-08-19T19:15:28+00:00

I have a hard-wired network.  I upgraded my PC to Win 7 64-bit.  My DLNA process stopped working, although it had worked great under Vista.  Nothing else in the network changed.  Primarily, I am just "pulling" from the PC using the DLNA device

My network router can "see" my Sony BDP, my Norton security can "see" it, too.  I have disabled Norton; I have configured everything on my PC, Norton, and network to be as open as possible.  Everything is fully trusted.

Today, I installed a trial version of "Mezzmo" DLNA server software, and EUREKA! The DLNA player works like a champ!  No other changes.

But, I want to use WMP 12 - what can be causing it not to see and communicate with the BDP S560 on Win 7?  If I look for a server on the player, none shows up.  Sony tells me is should work.  Is there a plug-in or update I should apply?  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-31T02:21:38+00:00

Did you ever get this working?   I just got a Sony BDP-S570 blue-ray player with wireless, and it recognized my media library on my Windows7 64 bit machine immediately. All i ever did on my PC was in control panel, network and sharing center, choose homegroup and sharing options, choose homegroup and sharing options, and check the box to stream my pictures, music .....

I also went into Choose Media Streaming Options and did Allow All.

At one point my BD player would not list all the movies on my PC. I changed the library name (in the Advanced Media Streaming Options screen), rebooted the PC, waited 5 minutes and i was streaming movies again.

My BD player has firmware version M04.R.735. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-09-18T19:51:56+00:00

    GoKingBee, try Mezzmo trial and see if everything works there for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-10-17T22:29:36+00:00

    I found this thread searching for a solution ot the same problem. WMP12 on my Win 7 64bit worked great for a few days with my sony BDP S370. But one day it stopped. This get to start trying all the alternative media servers but I'm back to WMP12, and trying to get WMP back working.

    I can see the WMP12 running on my computer and the computer sees the player.  I did check the staus of the services and they all look fine. The one odd thing I do see is in my network, the server properties lists no MAC or IP Address.

    Does that help anyone figure this one out?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2010-10-18T09:53:25+00:00

    did you power cycle the router? are you using DHCP to provide IPs to computers

    and devices? what router are you using?

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 22:29:36 +0000, dlarkin_dc wrote:

    >

    >

    >I found this thread searching for a solution ot the same problem. WMP12 on my Win 7 64bit worked great for a few days with my sony BDP S370. But one day it stopped. This get to start trying all the alternative media servers but I'm back to WMP12, and trying to get WMP back working.

    >

    >I can see the WMP12 running on my computer and the computer sees the player.  I did check the staus of the services and they all look fine. The one odd thing I do see is in my network, the server properties lists no MAC or IP Address.

    >

    >

    >

    >Does that help anyone figure this one out?


    Barb Bowman

    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-31T19:15:39+00:00

    Just received email notification of your response.

    It's very interesting, what happened.

    I purchased MEZZMO and have been using it exclusively, having seen no reply/fix for this problem.  MEZZMO works great.

    A little while ago, I did upgrade the firmware on the Sony Blu-Ray player.  Later, I noticed that a NEW server/library started showing up on the player, in addition to the MEZZMO server.  Since I have been using MEZZMO, I did not check it out.

    Now, I've checked it out, and it is the server created earlier using WMP 11 !  It appears to be working fine now.

    I think it must have been the firmware upgrade that fixed it; of course, Microsoft might have slipped in a fix in all the many Windows Updates since this was posted.

    From my standpoint, this is fixed, and I hope it is as easy as just getting the latest Sony S570 software upgrade!

    I should stop living on the bleeding edge, I suppose, but it's fun.

    Thanks for your feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments