My DLNA player cannot detect the DLNA server on my Win 7 PC using WMP 12.

Anonymous
2010-08-19T19:15:28+00:00

I have a hard-wired network.  I upgraded my PC to Win 7 64-bit.  My DLNA process stopped working, although it had worked great under Vista.  Nothing else in the network changed.  Primarily, I am just "pulling" from the PC using the DLNA device

My network router can "see" my Sony BDP, my Norton security can "see" it, too.  I have disabled Norton; I have configured everything on my PC, Norton, and network to be as open as possible.  Everything is fully trusted.

Today, I installed a trial version of "Mezzmo" DLNA server software, and EUREKA! The DLNA player works like a champ!  No other changes.

But, I want to use WMP 12 - what can be causing it not to see and communicate with the BDP S560 on Win 7?  If I look for a server on the player, none shows up.  Sony tells me is should work.  Is there a plug-in or update I should apply?  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-31T02:21:38+00:00

Did you ever get this working?   I just got a Sony BDP-S570 blue-ray player with wireless, and it recognized my media library on my Windows7 64 bit machine immediately. All i ever did on my PC was in control panel, network and sharing center, choose homegroup and sharing options, choose homegroup and sharing options, and check the box to stream my pictures, music .....

I also went into Choose Media Streaming Options and did Allow All.

At one point my BD player would not list all the movies on my PC. I changed the library name (in the Advanced Media Streaming Options screen), rebooted the PC, waited 5 minutes and i was streaming movies again.

My BD player has firmware version M04.R.735. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-09-17T23:20:10+00:00

    I have tried all the above and everything looks normal.  I also tried the suggestion from "nemxwasp" to resetup my homegroup.  Nothing made any difference.

    FYI - I reset my DMP and tried to search for WMP 12, but still no luck.

    I'll be glad to do whatever traces you want me to do; just let me know.

    Thanks for both of your help!

    Lyndon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-09-17T23:24:21+00:00

    sorry to hear that. I was hoping it might work. I'm still having issues but I think they are droid x related. I hope you get it fixed soon... good luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-09-18T19:04:13+00:00

    CCazang

    It was too bad #2 was not what you are answering!  That is my problem.  My BD560 can see my network however is unable to connect to the server and display the pictures folder content.  I would appreciate the answer you were going to give.

    tx

    GoKingBee

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-09-18T19:51:15+00:00

    GoKingBee,

    My BD Player can see my network server, too, so long as it's the Mezzmo server that's running.

    Also, CCazang, I started up my Symantec/Norton Network Internet Security (NIS) again.  If I go into the graphic network map in that package, I can see my BD Player and it is in "trust" mode.  AND, if I go into my ATT U-Verse high-speed modem and look at the network from there, I can see the BD Player, as well.  Both components can see the player, and the player can see the Mezzmo server.

    It seems that there has to be a kink in the WMP 12 pipe somewhere .... ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments