My DLNA player cannot detect the DLNA server on my Win 7 PC using WMP 12.

Anonymous
2010-08-19T19:15:28+00:00

I have a hard-wired network.  I upgraded my PC to Win 7 64-bit.  My DLNA process stopped working, although it had worked great under Vista.  Nothing else in the network changed.  Primarily, I am just "pulling" from the PC using the DLNA device

My network router can "see" my Sony BDP, my Norton security can "see" it, too.  I have disabled Norton; I have configured everything on my PC, Norton, and network to be as open as possible.  Everything is fully trusted.

Today, I installed a trial version of "Mezzmo" DLNA server software, and EUREKA! The DLNA player works like a champ!  No other changes.

But, I want to use WMP 12 - what can be causing it not to see and communicate with the BDP S560 on Win 7?  If I look for a server on the player, none shows up.  Sony tells me is should work.  Is there a plug-in or update I should apply?  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-31T02:21:38+00:00

Did you ever get this working?   I just got a Sony BDP-S570 blue-ray player with wireless, and it recognized my media library on my Windows7 64 bit machine immediately. All i ever did on my PC was in control panel, network and sharing center, choose homegroup and sharing options, choose homegroup and sharing options, and check the box to stream my pictures, music .....

I also went into Choose Media Streaming Options and did Allow All.

At one point my BD player would not list all the movies on my PC. I changed the library name (in the Advanced Media Streaming Options screen), rebooted the PC, waited 5 minutes and i was streaming movies again.

My BD player has firmware version M04.R.735. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-31T09:03:40+00:00

    That is no good in my case. I have reinstalled the OS (which offcourse I am trying the second time) but it is still the same. Which version of the Operating system have you got installed now when the stuff is working as expected. Is it 64 bit?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-11-21T18:52:50+00:00

    Yep same problem here, but this time with a Sony CMX750. 

    I was thinking it may have something to do with the homegroup?

    I can push from WM12, but only from the mezmo library. otherwise it comes up 'contacting media server'  then 'failed to retrieve information from server'

    My stereo can pull from mezmo or the old laptop running vista, but I've replaced that.

    maybe some wizkids can sort out a plug in to make it work?? or even microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-11-22T06:03:25+00:00

    I found an answer to my DLNA problems and my Sony BluRay player: Ditch the Windows built in Microsoft DLNA server and get Serviio (http://www.serviio.org/). 

    Serviio is a free DLNA server which works GREAT on windows 7 (and probably XP too).  It can distribute pictures, music, and video files to DLNA capable equipment.  You can choose which folders and what type of media on your computer will be shared. The video renderer is FAR superior to the transcode capabilities of Windows.  It recognizes Sony, Samsung, and other DLNA equipment and can utilize the hardware capabilities of the various client machines.  The same movies files that were blurry and pixelated when streamed from Windows look beautiful when I use Serviio as my DLNA server software.   It works so well that I've disabled the Windows Media Player Network service on all my Windows 7 machines and installed serviio instead.

    Try it.  I guarantee you'll like it!

    BB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-11-22T13:10:19+00:00

    Hi,

    It is nice to hear that you got it sorted. Can you confirm if you have got this working on a 64bit Windows 7 computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments