My DLNA player cannot detect the DLNA server on my Win 7 PC using WMP 12.

Anonymous
2010-08-19T19:15:28+00:00

I have a hard-wired network.  I upgraded my PC to Win 7 64-bit.  My DLNA process stopped working, although it had worked great under Vista.  Nothing else in the network changed.  Primarily, I am just "pulling" from the PC using the DLNA device

My network router can "see" my Sony BDP, my Norton security can "see" it, too.  I have disabled Norton; I have configured everything on my PC, Norton, and network to be as open as possible.  Everything is fully trusted.

Today, I installed a trial version of "Mezzmo" DLNA server software, and EUREKA! The DLNA player works like a champ!  No other changes.

But, I want to use WMP 12 - what can be causing it not to see and communicate with the BDP S560 on Win 7?  If I look for a server on the player, none shows up.  Sony tells me is should work.  Is there a plug-in or update I should apply?  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-31T02:21:38+00:00

Did you ever get this working?   I just got a Sony BDP-S570 blue-ray player with wireless, and it recognized my media library on my Windows7 64 bit machine immediately. All i ever did on my PC was in control panel, network and sharing center, choose homegroup and sharing options, choose homegroup and sharing options, and check the box to stream my pictures, music .....

I also went into Choose Media Streaming Options and did Allow All.

At one point my BD player would not list all the movies on my PC. I changed the library name (in the Advanced Media Streaming Options screen), rebooted the PC, waited 5 minutes and i was streaming movies again.

My BD player has firmware version M04.R.735. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T16:42:31+00:00

    I know this post is very old but I've been having a very similar problem.  I am unable to connect to the WMP12 Media Server.  When I check my processes wmpnetwk.exe is not loading.  I can assure you I have all streaming options enabled and no firewall restrictions.  I have a different Windows 7 PC that works fine with my home network and all my DLNA devices but for some reason the new windows 7 PC I've got is not working..  None of my DLNA devices (Phone, TV, other PC's) can detect it.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing WMP12 which has not helped.  i think the key is that wmpnetwk.exe is not running.

    Any suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-04-04T00:05:23+00:00

    I'm having this exact issue, followed the entire thread to the point. My sony tv hasn't updated since I got it. 

    Running WMP 12 with everything open, turnned off my firewall, set all windows media services to automatic and have ensured that they are running in the task manager. My TV and XBOX wont see my computer with WMP but will see it with vuse and ps3 media server.

    It was all working great till last week WMP stoped showing up on my players

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-02-09T02:02:58+00:00

    Look at my reply on 12/31 and the response I replied to - I think the solution is to update your firmware on your BD Player.  Both of us are using Sony players, and that was the problem.  Sony apparently got around to fixing the issue with their players.  Hope yours works, too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-02-09T01:35:17+00:00

    I found this thread as well, exact same issue and tried all of the above. has anyone found an answer?   I am running two different operating systems on the network, XP and Win 7. The Win-7 is the only giving the issues, XP works just fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments