My DLNA player cannot detect the DLNA server on my Win 7 PC using WMP 12.

Anonymous
2010-08-19T19:15:28+00:00

I have a hard-wired network.  I upgraded my PC to Win 7 64-bit.  My DLNA process stopped working, although it had worked great under Vista.  Nothing else in the network changed.  Primarily, I am just "pulling" from the PC using the DLNA device

My network router can "see" my Sony BDP, my Norton security can "see" it, too.  I have disabled Norton; I have configured everything on my PC, Norton, and network to be as open as possible.  Everything is fully trusted.

Today, I installed a trial version of "Mezzmo" DLNA server software, and EUREKA! The DLNA player works like a champ!  No other changes.

But, I want to use WMP 12 - what can be causing it not to see and communicate with the BDP S560 on Win 7?  If I look for a server on the player, none shows up.  Sony tells me is should work.  Is there a plug-in or update I should apply?  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-31T02:21:38+00:00

Did you ever get this working?   I just got a Sony BDP-S570 blue-ray player with wireless, and it recognized my media library on my Windows7 64 bit machine immediately. All i ever did on my PC was in control panel, network and sharing center, choose homegroup and sharing options, choose homegroup and sharing options, and check the box to stream my pictures, music .....

I also went into Choose Media Streaming Options and did Allow All.

At one point my BD player would not list all the movies on my PC. I changed the library name (in the Advanced Media Streaming Options screen), rebooted the PC, waited 5 minutes and i was streaming movies again.

My BD player has firmware version M04.R.735. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-21T21:15:00+00:00

    OK, I gather that a DMR is a "renderer" which apparently is an DLNA-certified HDTV.

    Prior to upgrading to Windows 7, I used my DLNA-certified "DMD" device without any problem via Windows Media Player 11.  Now, for upgrading, I am apparently forced to go out and purchase external DLNA server software just to keep status quo.  I certainly don't want to spend $$$ on a new HDTV when the one I have now is wonderful.  But, not DLNA-capable.

    Is this the case, or is it possible to run WMP 11 in an XP virtual machine on my Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit PC and make it work that way?  I tried once, but to no avail, so possibly there's a trick to getting it to work?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2010-08-21T11:04:56+00:00

    Digital Media Renderer. I don't believe your BDP supports Play To, which is what

    you need to PUSH from WMP to a device. You would need third party software.

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:17:08 +0000, LOE1 wrote:

    >

    >

    >You have me on that one.  Sony tells me that this device has the latest DLNA version loaded.  What, exactly is a DMR?

    >

    >Thanks.


    Barb Bowman

    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-08-20T21:17:08+00:00

    You have me on that one.  Sony tells me that this device has the latest DLNA version loaded.  What, exactly is a DMR?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-08-20T07:59:02+00:00

    Windows 7 needs DLNA V1.5 for WMP12 so the recieiving device must be a DMR.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments