My DLNA player cannot detect the DLNA server on my Win 7 PC using WMP 12.

Anonymous
2010-08-19T19:15:28+00:00

I have a hard-wired network.  I upgraded my PC to Win 7 64-bit.  My DLNA process stopped working, although it had worked great under Vista.  Nothing else in the network changed.  Primarily, I am just "pulling" from the PC using the DLNA device

My network router can "see" my Sony BDP, my Norton security can "see" it, too.  I have disabled Norton; I have configured everything on my PC, Norton, and network to be as open as possible.  Everything is fully trusted.

Today, I installed a trial version of "Mezzmo" DLNA server software, and EUREKA! The DLNA player works like a champ!  No other changes.

But, I want to use WMP 12 - what can be causing it not to see and communicate with the BDP S560 on Win 7?  If I look for a server on the player, none shows up.  Sony tells me is should work.  Is there a plug-in or update I should apply?  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-31T02:21:38+00:00

Did you ever get this working?   I just got a Sony BDP-S570 blue-ray player with wireless, and it recognized my media library on my Windows7 64 bit machine immediately. All i ever did on my PC was in control panel, network and sharing center, choose homegroup and sharing options, choose homegroup and sharing options, and check the box to stream my pictures, music .....

I also went into Choose Media Streaming Options and did Allow All.

At one point my BD player would not list all the movies on my PC. I changed the library name (in the Advanced Media Streaming Options screen), rebooted the PC, waited 5 minutes and i was streaming movies again.

My BD player has firmware version M04.R.735. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-01T23:58:56+00:00

    they should put that in the marketing:

    "forget about your start menu! we fixed DLNA!"

    surely that will get people to flock to win8x. ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-01T23:44:37+00:00

    amazing that it's 2014, and the best answers on this five-page thread are still "try reinstalling the operating system" and "third party software works fine"

    good work, Microsoft!

    (oh, also +1 on the OP issue)

    Well, their update notice is working fine, as I got a notification just now.

    I'm now running Windows 8.1 64-bit and DLNA is working great, so I guess MS figured it out during the 4 plus years of debugging.  Of course, technology has advanced greatly on all fronts, so that's the price I pay to always try to be on the "bleeding edge."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-01T21:25:56+00:00

    amazing that it's 2014, and the best answers on this five-page thread are still "try reinstalling the operating system" and "third party software works fine"

    good work, Microsoft!

    (oh, also +1 on the OP issue)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-11-22T16:42:48+00:00

    Yes, it's working on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine as well as my 64 bit Windows Home Server 2011 machine.  I did have to download the 64 bit version of Java before installing Serviio, but all is well here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments