My DLNA player cannot detect the DLNA server on my Win 7 PC using WMP 12.

Anonymous
2010-08-19T19:15:28+00:00

I have a hard-wired network.  I upgraded my PC to Win 7 64-bit.  My DLNA process stopped working, although it had worked great under Vista.  Nothing else in the network changed.  Primarily, I am just "pulling" from the PC using the DLNA device

My network router can "see" my Sony BDP, my Norton security can "see" it, too.  I have disabled Norton; I have configured everything on my PC, Norton, and network to be as open as possible.  Everything is fully trusted.

Today, I installed a trial version of "Mezzmo" DLNA server software, and EUREKA! The DLNA player works like a champ!  No other changes.

But, I want to use WMP 12 - what can be causing it not to see and communicate with the BDP S560 on Win 7?  If I look for a server on the player, none shows up.  Sony tells me is should work.  Is there a plug-in or update I should apply?  Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-31T02:21:38+00:00

Did you ever get this working?   I just got a Sony BDP-S570 blue-ray player with wireless, and it recognized my media library on my Windows7 64 bit machine immediately. All i ever did on my PC was in control panel, network and sharing center, choose homegroup and sharing options, choose homegroup and sharing options, and check the box to stream my pictures, music .....

I also went into Choose Media Streaming Options and did Allow All.

At one point my BD player would not list all the movies on my PC. I changed the library name (in the Advanced Media Streaming Options screen), rebooted the PC, waited 5 minutes and i was streaming movies again.

My BD player has firmware version M04.R.735. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-17T10:08:43+00:00

    I have exact same problem. I have Asus O!Play HD2 media DLNA renderer and a Samsung LED on my wired LAN. Both devices have their own sharing and streaming software ASUS O!Direct and Samsung AllShare. However, they can still be seen as available media devices in Windows.

    I had it last working on my Windows 7 32 bit however on migrating to a new 64 bit hardware and OS it cannot see the devices and and devices cannot see the PC. Their respective softwares too can't connect to the devices.

    There is something wrong with the 64 bit edition/or 64 bit Ultimate

    Please can this be tested in MS lab and escalated to the right people.

    I know many other forums where people have been discussing similar issues but I think I was only lucky to come across this one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-19T03:19:46+00:00

    i have the EXACT same issue, my ps3, two moxi dvr's, all of my other pc's, my blue ray player, my android phone, all connected to my xp 64 machine flawlessly using windows media player.  I upgraded to windows 7 and NOTHING works.  I have followed every single direction from microsoft on how to make it work, and it will not, have tried unistalling eset, disabling the firewall, changing the logon permission for windows media player service- everything.  nothing even "sees" the windows 7 machine.  I still have internet and can see only a linksys router (being used as a switch for the tv room)  from the pc.  Nothing else shows up in the network.  This is clearly a windows 7 networking issue, and really irritating, the reason that i didn't upgrade to another microsoft product for so long.  Is there some protocol or service that was used in xp networks that windows 7 doesn't use for some reason?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T18:47:04+00:00

    "LOE,

    there are two different kind of issues that may happen:

    1. You do not discover your Win7 WMP DMS at all. it does not show up on your device's UI
    2. You do discover the Win7 on your device, but you cannot find media exposed there. (or you cannot access it)"

    I am having issue #1! please help!

    New poster here ... I'm encountering a variation of issue #2 with both a Panasonic TC-P46ST30 television and a Panasonic DMP-BDT110 Blu-ray player ... Both of them are able to find my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit PC as a DNLA server, but the only media that they're able to find on it -- despite my having checked all of the appropriate boxes -- is a single MP4 video of recorded TV that I placed in the (shared) "Videos" library ... No photos, music, or even *other* MP4 videos in the very same library are found by either the TV or the Blu-ray player ... Do you have any idea what can be causing this extremely selected file/folder discovery?  The (shared) libraries also contain the sample photos, music, and videos that were installed with Windows 7, but they aren't being found either ...

    Thanks!

    Kevin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T16:44:37+00:00

    "LOE,

    there are two different kind of issues that may happen:

    1. You do not discover your Win7 WMP DMS at all. it does not show up on your device's UI
    2. You do discover the Win7 on your device, but you cannot find media exposed there. (or you cannot access it)"

    I am having issue #1! please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments