Change the colour of the taskbar in windows 7?

Anonymous
2009-08-13T15:16:45+00:00

i want to change the colour of the taskbar in windows 7 but how do i do it?

thankyou in advance

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-08-13T15:26:17+00:00

start > control panel > personalization > then ... window color .

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-07T04:17:00+00:00

    I have been trying to following the instruction in this thread, but, I do not see what you are indicating.  When I click on the Windows Color, I get the Win XP style of box for changing colors and I do not see an option for taskbar.  I am using Windows 7 PRO so, I think it might be a different method.  I am running in 32ibit color mode, using an ATI Raedon video card.

    I don't know if it's different on Windows 7 Pro.  I am on Windows 7 Home Premium.  I will try to be more explicit and maybe that will help.  Go into the control panel and then click on "appearance and personalization".  The first option that will show up in the resulting screen is "personalization", but DO NOT click it.  There are five sub-headings right underneath it.  The third one in the top row says "change window glass colors".  Click that one.  At the top of the next screen it will say "change the color of your window borders, Start menu, and taskbar" and there are 16 color tiles right below it.  As you click each one, windows will preview the changes.  There are also sliders to adjust color intensity and a color mixer with sliders for adjusting hue, saturation, and brightness.  Be sure to click "save changes" at the bottom of the screen.

    I never changed anything regarding my color mode.  My computer is a 64-bit operating system, though, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.  I hope this is helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-11-07T02:34:16+00:00

    I have been trying to following the instruction in this thread, but, I do not see what you are indicating.  When I click on the Windows Color, I get the Win XP style of box for changing colors and I do not see an option for taskbar.  I am using Windows 7 PRO so, I think it might be a different method.  I am running in 32ibit color mode, using an ATI Raedon video card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-11-03T18:38:40+00:00

    thanks this has reeeeaallly helped i was stuck for ages and before i'd been wanting to know how to get the preview of the window before you click it but i later gave up. i set it to 32 bit and now my computer is much better!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-11-03T12:38:31+00:00

    This is what worked for me:

    Control Panel -> Appearance & Personalization - > Personalization -> Change Windows Glass Colors.

    Hope it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments