How to add lyrics and album art using windows media player 12 on Windows 7 ??

Anonymous
2009-11-19T12:16:28+00:00

When i am using windows xp with WMP 11, adding lyrics, album art  and even synchronized lyrics is so easy, just right click the song, then select advanced tag editor.

The Advanced Tag Editor (ID3 tag editor), which allows users to edit information, is such an important feature, but I don't understand why Microsoft actually remove this feature.

So may i ask, how to add lyrics and album art in WMP 12. Find album info feature in WMP12 is really not that useful.  Japanese, korean and chinese songs when using find album info, usually nothing is found.

WMP12 is really irritating.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-20T15:44:12+00:00

That's because you can't do it inside the WMP12. You have to do it from the windows explorer, right click on the file > properties > Summary > Advanced > then you can add the lyrics inside the lyrics field... you see it's really a hustle :(

Cheers

Black Spider

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-11-19T16:34:10+00:00

    Hi Friss,

    I was looking for the same thing and guess what I found? They intentionally removed it? but why I don't know.... :(

    I myself like to see Advanced Tag Editor again in WMP, it was the first thing I checked when I opened WMP12... and frankly, I got disappointed when I found out it's not there. 

    Cheers

    Black Spider

    Advanced Tag Editor isn't included in this version of Windows Media Player. But by editing media information in the details pane of the Player Library, you can still do most of the tasks you performed with Advanced Tag Editor.

    For more information about editing media information, see Add or edit media information in Windows Media Player. For more information about the Player Library, see Getting started with Windows Media Player.

    (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Add-or-edit-media-information-in-Windows-Media-Player)

    (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Getting-started-with-Windows-Media-Player)

    ~

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-11-20T12:51:18+00:00

    After reading the link you gave me, i still can't find way to add album art and lyrics. (=

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-12-11T17:41:56+00:00

    Hi,

    I do not see the Summary tab/button in  when I see the properties of a wmv file in Windows 7 by right click on the file > Properties.

    Is there a different way for doing this in Windows 7?

    Thanks,

    Navneet


    Navneet

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-12-12T08:39:31+00:00

    With the above answer given, i still cannot add album art and lyrics using wmp 12, Hope Microsoft will add back the Advanced Tag Editor (ID3 tag editor) in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 next time. I already give up on WMP12. It really not user friendly in editing infomation using wmp12.

    No one have the correct answer to this question. All information I manage to change but no one have told me how to add album art and lyrics. Once again, find album info function is totally useless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments