How to add lyrics and album art using windows media player 12 on Windows 7 ??

Anonymous
2009-11-19T12:16:28+00:00

When i am using windows xp with WMP 11, adding lyrics, album art  and even synchronized lyrics is so easy, just right click the song, then select advanced tag editor.

The Advanced Tag Editor (ID3 tag editor), which allows users to edit information, is such an important feature, but I don't understand why Microsoft actually remove this feature.

So may i ask, how to add lyrics and album art in WMP 12. Find album info feature in WMP12 is really not that useful.  Japanese, korean and chinese songs when using find album info, usually nothing is found.

WMP12 is really irritating.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-20T15:44:12+00:00

That's because you can't do it inside the WMP12. You have to do it from the windows explorer, right click on the file > properties > Summary > Advanced > then you can add the lyrics inside the lyrics field... you see it's really a hustle :(

Cheers

Black Spider

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2010-05-22T09:35:52+00:00

    Hi to The WarpDragon.

    I see I am not alone in searching the web for a solution to No Advance Tag Editor problem in WMP 12.  I would like the option as you, hit the nail on the head, to view my lyrics without having to be connected to the web.  I at this time do not have Windows 7 but I plan on having it in the future.  I am still using our well loved Windows Media Player 11.  So,, if I could try your solution I would; so I ask you to please update us with your suceess or (fingers crossed) not, as it will be helpful now and far into the future as I have found the forums to be. :)

    Thank You

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-05-19T19:13:41+00:00

    Hi, I think that i might be able to help; I havn't tried this yet but I'm convinced that it'll work.

    If you've got Windows Vista/XP then change the lyrics for ONE SONG for now then you transfer the song to the Windows Media Player 12 computer then you activate lyrics (Ctrl+3 which will bring you to visualisation then you right-click look at the drop down menu Lyrics, Captions and Subtitles then click on if available (if you already have lyrics, ok, but you wont have them when you are offline so I suggest you disable thelyrics plugin that you might of downloaded on the above possible solution))

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-05-09T19:59:14+00:00

    I just wanted to make sure that everyone got this. you just download this plugin here http://www.lyricsplugin.com/ . It really works, no virus or anything. I was really suspicious, like I say above, but alot of people on youtube said it was good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments