How to add lyrics and album art using windows media player 12 on Windows 7 ??

Anonymous
2009-11-19T12:16:28+00:00

When i am using windows xp with WMP 11, adding lyrics, album art  and even synchronized lyrics is so easy, just right click the song, then select advanced tag editor.

The Advanced Tag Editor (ID3 tag editor), which allows users to edit information, is such an important feature, but I don't understand why Microsoft actually remove this feature.

So may i ask, how to add lyrics and album art in WMP 12. Find album info feature in WMP12 is really not that useful.  Japanese, korean and chinese songs when using find album info, usually nothing is found.

WMP12 is really irritating.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-20T15:44:12+00:00

That's because you can't do it inside the WMP12. You have to do it from the windows explorer, right click on the file > properties > Summary > Advanced > then you can add the lyrics inside the lyrics field... you see it's really a hustle :(

Cheers

Black Spider

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-01-10T18:06:37+00:00

    First, in win 7, there is no summary tab, there is no field, and no way to add lyrics to music. I am still in the process of figuring out whether this problem has erased the lyrics from 1000's of songs I spent many years adding those lyrics to. Typical of Microsoft to do something like that. I have myself already determined that other than operating systems and office, which I need for work, I will not purchase ANY ms products. Im done.

    Second, my guess is that MS is trying to puch everyone to the "social" platform so they can more aggresively market their music delivery service. You cant even use a zune product without "social" so I returned 3 brand new zune hd's that I just purchased.

    They tout the social as something that improves "life" for users, and some people fall for it, but it is ONLY a marketing ploy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-12-12T08:39:31+00:00

    With the above answer given, i still cannot add album art and lyrics using wmp 12, Hope Microsoft will add back the Advanced Tag Editor (ID3 tag editor) in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 next time. I already give up on WMP12. It really not user friendly in editing infomation using wmp12.

    No one have the correct answer to this question. All information I manage to change but no one have told me how to add album art and lyrics. Once again, find album info function is totally useless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-12-11T17:41:56+00:00

    Hi,

    I do not see the Summary tab/button in  when I see the properties of a wmv file in Windows 7 by right click on the file > Properties.

    Is there a different way for doing this in Windows 7?

    Thanks,

    Navneet


    Navneet

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-11-20T12:51:18+00:00

    After reading the link you gave me, i still can't find way to add album art and lyrics. (=

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments