How to add lyrics and album art using windows media player 12 on Windows 7 ??

Anonymous
2009-11-19T12:16:28+00:00

When i am using windows xp with WMP 11, adding lyrics, album art  and even synchronized lyrics is so easy, just right click the song, then select advanced tag editor.

The Advanced Tag Editor (ID3 tag editor), which allows users to edit information, is such an important feature, but I don't understand why Microsoft actually remove this feature.

So may i ask, how to add lyrics and album art in WMP 12. Find album info feature in WMP12 is really not that useful.  Japanese, korean and chinese songs when using find album info, usually nothing is found.

WMP12 is really irritating.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-20T15:44:12+00:00

That's because you can't do it inside the WMP12. You have to do it from the windows explorer, right click on the file > properties > Summary > Advanced > then you can add the lyrics inside the lyrics field... you see it's really a hustle :(

Cheers

Black Spider

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-14T06:48:58+00:00

    very easy but I don't have the option to add lyrics. I can add all kinds of other information, but there is no field for lyrics. MP3 file. I've seen it and I've used it, but not on Player 12. It's also new to me and I can't find it.

    Is there a way around it? or is it the download of the music that has changed the way is saved?

    Thanks... is frustrating when something simple turns out to be so difficult.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-20T19:51:34+00:00

    LB#2016: see my post on the previous page about the Lyrics field.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-06T23:22:57+00:00

    I'm using Windows 7, Windows Media Player 12 and the Lyrics plug in, but  my files do not show that Lyrics line.

    There is a "comments" line. I can add all other properties, I unblocked the files and checked them.

    What am I missing.

    Is it because I have Media Player open?

    I know I've done it before and some of my files will show the lyrics while playing, but when I want to add lyrics to my new files, the feature seems to be disabled somewhere.

    Please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-05T16:00:36+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments