How to add lyrics and album art using windows media player 12 on Windows 7 ??

Anonymous
2009-11-19T12:16:28+00:00

When i am using windows xp with WMP 11, adding lyrics, album art  and even synchronized lyrics is so easy, just right click the song, then select advanced tag editor.

The Advanced Tag Editor (ID3 tag editor), which allows users to edit information, is such an important feature, but I don't understand why Microsoft actually remove this feature.

So may i ask, how to add lyrics and album art in WMP 12. Find album info feature in WMP12 is really not that useful.  Japanese, korean and chinese songs when using find album info, usually nothing is found.

WMP12 is really irritating.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-20T15:44:12+00:00

That's because you can't do it inside the WMP12. You have to do it from the windows explorer, right click on the file > properties > Summary > Advanced > then you can add the lyrics inside the lyrics field... you see it's really a hustle :(

Cheers

Black Spider

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-06-19T19:20:53+00:00

    Exactly, WMP 12 is very annoying, as ive been using the advance tag editor since WMP 9, and it was very easy to edit and sync the lyrics. But when using Win 7, even in Windows Explorer, there's no such thing as adding lyrics feature in Summary.

    With Lyrics Plugin installed, still it cant find Japanese and Korean lyrics properly. Most of the results will be romanized lyrics which are hard to be read.

    Anyone have better suggestion besides Lyrics PLugin and Minilyrics?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-05-09T19:59:14+00:00

    I just wanted to make sure that everyone got this. you just download this plugin here http://www.lyricsplugin.com/ . It really works, no virus or anything. I was really suspicious, like I say above, but alot of people on youtube said it was good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-01-30T02:08:09+00:00

    __________, I want my lyrics back. Also want now playing as a tab rather than that the way it's set up. WMP12 is truly a step backwards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-01-10T18:06:37+00:00

    First, in win 7, there is no summary tab, there is no field, and no way to add lyrics to music. I am still in the process of figuring out whether this problem has erased the lyrics from 1000's of songs I spent many years adding those lyrics to. Typical of Microsoft to do something like that. I have myself already determined that other than operating systems and office, which I need for work, I will not purchase ANY ms products. Im done.

    Second, my guess is that MS is trying to puch everyone to the "social" platform so they can more aggresively market their music delivery service. You cant even use a zune product without "social" so I returned 3 brand new zune hd's that I just purchased.

    They tout the social as something that improves "life" for users, and some people fall for it, but it is ONLY a marketing ploy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments