Unable to save WordPerfect files

Anonymous
2009-10-30T21:22:46+00:00

I just got a new computer with Windows 7 preinstall. I install my Wordperfect 11 software. I am not able to save any files I create. When I try to save a file it brings up a window that asks where I want to save it and the name of the file. It also asks for a file type but does not allow me to insert a type. This is completely  totally different than what I used to get when I was using Windows XP. Do I have to perform an upgrade to WP to be able to save files? Does Windows 7 not support WP 11? Is there a way to get back to the old method of saving WP files in Windows 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-09T07:59:52+00:00

I got Windows 7 and Corel WordPerfect 10 to work together!

All I needed to do was find the main WordPerfect 10 program and change compatibility settings manually to run the program in compatibility mode of "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"

To do this I clicked on Start, then "All Programs", then "WordPerfect Office 2002", then on "WordPerfect 10" I right-clicked the program icon, clicked "Properties", and then click the "Compatibility" tab.  Then set to

"Run this program in compatibility mode "  "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

Cool!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-03T21:52:15+00:00

Hello PhoenixHal,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

This is information from the Corel Website: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1254516325170

Corel product compatibilityCorel is already making news as a leading developer of Windows® 7 software, and we are committed to ensuring that all our core products work on this newest Microsoft® operating system. We continue to work closely with Microsoft to ensure consumers maximize their Windows 7 experience.

The following Corel products work on Windows 7:

  • CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4
  • Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4
  • Digital Studio 2010
  • Home Office
  • MovieWriter Pro 2010
  • MovieWriter Pro Ultimate 2010
  • Painter 11
  • Painter Essentials 4
  • Painter Sketch Pad
  • Paint it! touch
  • PaintShop Photo Express 2010
  • Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate
  • VideoStudio Express 2010
  • VideoStudio Pro X2
  • WinDVD 2010
  • WinDVD Pro 2010
  • WinZip 14
  • WordPerfect Office X4

These products have been tested and have no known issues when running on Windows 7. They will provide a similar experience to the same product running on Windows Vista® or previous operating systems. New Windows 7 features may or may not be supported, depending on the product. Please make sure that you have installed the latest service pack for any product you are running on Windows 7.

Any other information about compatibility with Word Perfect 11, you would need to contact Corel.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2009-12-22T18:15:48+00:00

    Same issue here with Wordperfect 11.  Running it in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode fixed it for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-12-09T21:29:10+00:00

    I too, have Word Perfect 11 and was having the same issue. Unfortunately, I don't have nor is my computer capable of using the Windows XP virtualization. I found a second solution. Right click on the Word Perfect 11 icon, select Troubleshooting and let it take you through the entire process. I saved a new document as I went through just to be sure. But even though after the process was complete it still told me it was still incompatible, I checked everything once again and it still works. Maybe something will change when I restart my computer but for now it's all good. the only thing is every time you open up the Word Perfect program now Windows 7 doesn't recognize it and wants you to verify opening it. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-12-09T20:02:19+00:00

    I too, have Word Perfect 11 and was having the same issue. Unfortunately, I don't have nor is my computer capable of using the Windows XP virtualization. I found a second solution. Right click on the Word Perfect 11 icon, select Troubleshooting and let it take you through the entire process. I saved a new document as I went through just to be sure. But even though after the process was complete it still told me it was still incompatible, I checked everything once again and it still works. Maybe something will change when I restart my computer but for now it's all good. the only thing is every time you open up the Word Perfect program now Windows 7 doesn't recognize it and wants you to verify opening it. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments